Explore & discover

Helpful Links

crackling noise when turn on H23/600 receiver

Highlighted
Tutor

crackling noise when turn on H23/600 receiver

when I turn on my H23/600 receiver there is a crackling or popping noise that lasts maybe 5 seconds and then stops. No more noise. If I turn it off and back on right away, there is no crackling.

What can cause this

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: crackling noise when turn on H23/600 receiver

@Codester wrote:

when I turn on my H23/600 receiver there is a crackling or popping noise that lasts maybe 5 seconds and then stops. No more noise. If I turn it off and back on right away, there is no crackling.

What can cause this

Thanks

Can you tell where the noise is coming from?  The H23 itself?  TV speakers?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Appears to be the H23/600 receiver
Thanks
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎11-05-2019 11:00 AM

@Codester wrote:
Appears to be the H23/600 receiver
Thanks

Call DirecTV and request a replacement.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, otherwise $20 for shipping. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Thank you
Most appreciated
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support