closed captions problem

Highlighted
Contributor

closed captions problem

Closed Captioning has extra words in capital letters

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: closed captions problem

Usually this is caused by the network/channel, since they provide the CC information.  

What channels have this problem?

What DVR/Receiver models do you have? Do they all have this problem?

When did the problem start?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Have you tried resetting your DVR/Receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Older receivers that didn’t download the new interface have no problem with closed caption. The receiver with the new interface displays only about 30% of the dialogue. I have two hearing impaired people living in my house and it has become almost impossible for them to watch TV. Any solution?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

A couple of other people have reported similar issues. Rebooting the DVR with the red button on the box seems to solve the problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support