cannot download or play any on demand content

Tutor

cannot download or play any on demand content

I get various mesaages when I try to download or play any on demand content.

Some examples: cannot connect to internet, even though when I run a test it shows

that my network is running correctly.

My connection is not fast enough to play do you mwant to download and watch later.

This one I understand.

And error code 100 Receiver not availabe, try again later.

Message 1 of 6 (1,198 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: cannot download or play any on demand content

Tell us more about your DirecTV equipment ...

• Model numbers of DVRs/Receivers?
  • How are they connected to your home network for internet access?
  • When was this equipment installed?
  • Did it ever work properly?
  • What sort of internet service do you have? 
  • What is your internet download speed?  Test it via http://www.speedtest.net
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (65 Views)
Tutor

I have an HR34 receiver that is hooked up to a D-Link router from Verizon. I have DSL service which

gives me a download speed of 1.46MBPS (not very fast) which is the reason I cannot play on demand

content while it streams.

I am hooked up wirelessly with the Directv Cinema connection kit. I installed this myself. At first I was having

a problem connecting to the internet following the instructions in the manual, (no connection). Finally I had to use the

advanced settings by typing in the static IP address I took off the router. After I did that I was able to download

ON demand content and watch it later. Now I cannot even download the content. I have no idea what happened.

I get error code 100.

I have had the router for about 3 weeks and I installed the connection kit a few days ago.
Do you need any more info?

Message 3 of 6 (65 Views)
Employee

1.46Mbps is just to slow for VOD. Perhaps you can upgrade to a faster connection

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (65 Views)

I agree with peds48, with the addition that you may want to take off the static IP after you do so. It may cause issues later on.

Message 5 of 6 (65 Views)
Tutor

Eddie,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I would very much like to remove the static address but when I do so I cannot

get a connection to the internet. I would welcome any suggestions on how I can go back

to allow the router to assign the IP address. If you know let me know.

Thank you

Message 6 of 6 (65 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support