cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

Contributor

cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

I have an HR32/700 receiver, and I cannot get connected to my wireless network. I have verified that swim is connected. I have the Directv Cinema connection kit and I have made sure all the cables are connected. When I try to search for my network it does not come up. I have other devices in the house that are connected to the same router, so I don't think that is the problem. I have a Belkin N600 DB Wireless Dual Band N+ router.  It says I can enter my SSID and password, but then it always says the password is incorrect. I am sure it is correct. One thing to note is that on my cinema connection the "wireless" light is not on, but the others are. Also I am getting a code 71-73-449 comes up when I run the system test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

What is the exact model of your DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit?

Does your SSID or password have any special characters in it (e.g. #, $, &, etc)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

DCAW1R0-01

No special characters

Message 3 of 4
Employee

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU SETTINGS & HELP SETTINGS NETWORK SET UP RESTORE DEFAULTS CONNECT NOW GET CONNECTED WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support