Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wrong local channels

Tutor

Wrong local channels

I am getting the wrong local channels.  I live in North Carolina, but am getting Virginia local channels.  I have contacted DirecTV twice already today about this issue, and twice they said they were going to correct it.  Nothing happened.  The first guy (Sean) flat out lied to me and said he fixed it and my channels would update shortly.  5 hours later, no change.  The second guy (Harvey) said he was going to escalate it and that someone would call me after one hour to verify that things changed.   They did not, and I still haven't gotten a phone call 2 hours later.  If they can't do it, then ok.  But don't lie to me.  The cable company has the right local channels.  Don't get me wrong, I like DirecTV.  But, I want North Carolina channels.  Anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing?

Message 1 of 22
Contributor

Re: Wrong local channels

Apparently Directv can change it. I am in zip code 75460 (Paris, TX) and should get DFW local channels. Instead I get San Diego- yep - San Diego CALIFORNIA!!!  I have contacted them twice and have gotten the run around and empty promises both times. 

Message 16 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Pooh0221 wrote:

Apparently Directv can change it. I am in zip code 75460 (Paris, TX) and should get DFW local channels. Instead I get San Diego- yep - San Diego CALIFORNIA!!!  I have contacted them twice and have gotten the run around and empty promises both times. 

Is Paris, TX your home "service address" location?

Where you currently physically located?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 22
Contributor

Yes, our service address is Paris, TX and we are physically located just outside of Paris, TX.

Either way, I dont live in or any where near San Diego, CA.
Message 18 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Pooh0221 wrote:
Yes, our service address is Paris, TX and we are physically located just outside of Paris, TX.

Either way, I dont live in or any where near San Diego, CA.

Very puzzling.  Most local channels use DirecTV satellite "spot beams" to aim their signal at just their primary city. I'm surprised you an receive San Diego locals in Texas. 

At any rate, only DirecTV can fix this. Something is wrong with the service address because your box seems to think it's in San Diego. Call them ... 1 800 531 5000

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 22

I had to file a complaint with the FCC to get it fixed. It was fixed within a day or two. There is a form to file on line. It is a problem with their database. I am in St. Louis and was receiving local channels from California.
Message 20 of 22
ACE - Expert

Are you sure you are receiving San Diego locals? The San Diego local spotbeam does not reach as far as Texas. Maybe your guide is for San Diego, what channels do you actually receive?

Message 21 of 22
Tutor

I had the same issue, and DirecTV just changed my service address to the zip code I chose. It worked.
Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support