Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why can we not watch One America News?

Teacher

Why can we not watch One America News?

AT&T U-Verse has One America News Network so why can't we get it on Directv?
Please add OANN and AWE to your lineup.
Message 1 of 41
ACE - Expert

Re: Why can we not watch One America News?

Best to email or use Facebook/Twitter to let them know your request.  

DirecTV and U-Verse have different contracts, so that's probably why it's not yet on DirecTV. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 41
Teacher

I received a reply from an AT&T representative regarding the OAN situation as follows:

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts on AT&T continuing to carry the One America News channel.

Contrary to what you may have been told, we have no plans to stop carrying OAN on AT&T U-Verse TV.

OAN wants us to carry and pay for its programming and other unrelated content on our DIRECTV service.  We're always interested in providing our customers with the most popular TV content.  As you might expect, we're concerned about the rising programming cost in pay-TV service and managing the balance of additional content cost with good value for our customers.

Thank you again for letting us know your concerns."

Looks like no OAN on Directv. :-(

Message 3 of 41
Contributor

You need to get OAN on direct tv please We love this channel. I switch from at&T recently thinking I would still have it, come to find out I don't. Pretty mad about that. Hope you put it on. Thanks Ken
Message 4 of 41
Contributor

...not clear... what do we need to do to get OAN on DirecTv?

Message 5 of 41
Teacher

We need to keep up the pressure on the Satellite provider to add OAN / AWE to their lineup.

I believe the satellite company is being dishonest when they claim the news channel is charging too much to add to their system.  OAN / AWE is only asking for six cents ($0.06) per month per channel for their two networks.  Published data shows the satellite company pays over $1.50 for some news channels and over $4.50 for a sports channel.  If all networks charged what the news channel is asking, our cable bill would be much lower.  For the satellite company to charge that they will not add the news channel because it is too expensive is just plane dishonest.

Message 6 of 41
Tutor

I am really unhappy with direct tv because there is no OAN. Please get this network on direct tv... I'm ready to change to cox cable!!!
Message 7 of 41
Contributor

ANy one in Austin know where we can get OAN other than on AT&T UVerse????

Message 8 of 41
Tutor

Very disappointed to find that one America news is not available on direct tv. If they can't afford it and other channels please cancel the other channels so you can afford the good ones like OAN & AWE.
Message 9 of 41
Tutor

Very disappointed that we cannot get One America News on DirecTV. This news channel is very refreshing with less bias than the other news channels. Why can other cable providers offer it and yet we cannot get it on DirecTV?
Message 10 of 41
Contributor

I love One America News. I am so sick of fox I can throw up. They are the only news works that are for conservatives. I feel this is bias. I don't want to listen to a bunch of liberals.They dont fool me! I believe in our Constitution.
Times are changing.{Inappropriate content removed}

Message 11 of 41
Teacher

For those who are fedup waiting for Directv to carry OANN and AWE networks, they are now available through the website https://www.klowdtv.com.  They also have mobile apps and the service is free until the end of the year since it is still in Beta.

Please keep up the presure on AT&T to add these channels to the lineup.

Message 12 of 41
ACE - Expert

AT&T has an agreement to carry OAN on Uverse TV. At this time they do not have an agreement for Directv to carry it. There is a lot more behind the scenes cost, so no they are not being dishonest when they say the station is charging too much to add it to the other platform. They are saying their business standpoint.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 41
Tutor

Bring OAN to Direct tv please. Only channel where u can get news
Message 14 of 41
Teacher

Why can't you carry OANN on Direct TV as you do with. Uverse? Both are under AT&T. Thousands of people want this news channel. Nothing beats this channel. I would rather drop my Direct TV and go to a cable company that does carry it. Come on AT&T. Is it worth the loss of many customers not to honor a request? I can get OANN for 5.00 on Roku or 7.99 on another cable live streaming network. I would rather pay 5.00 to AT&T more above my normal cable price to have the convenience of having it on Direct TV. Please tell us if you plan to add it to Direct and if so when. I beg for this for everyone that has signed a petition. Thank you kindly
Message 15 of 41
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support