Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why can't I get channel 565 today?

Contributor

Why can't I get channel 565 today?

I am not able to get channel 565 today. It is included in my package and I was watching it yesterday. I tried resetting my receiver, but no help...

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Why can't I get channel 565 today?

What do you see on the screen when tuning Ch 565?  Any message?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Re: Why can't I get channel 565 today

It’s the screen for channels I’m not subscribed to. It says to text a
number or call them. (They are closed today)
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@LoganD,

What's the extension that it says to call?

Then try refreshing your equipment subscription authorization via your account at www.directv.com/refresh

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

800-531-5000

Error code 721. I did refresh the equipment. I will try resetting it
later. Then I will just call them tomorrow if that doesn't work.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎11-23-2018 9:50 AM

Error 721 means the box thinks you are not subscribed to the channel.

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries (565) is only in a few options. Like before it is in the Movies Extra Pack (formally called the HD Extra Pack) add on. It is also now in the Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra (not Xtra) and Premier packages.

If you definitively have one of the above options that includes the channel, go to www.directv.com/refresh so that you can refresh the authorizations down to the box to remind it of what channels it gets. If you still try a red button reset with this, if you have a Genie setup, reset the Genie first before any Clients.

If that doesn't work, you can unplug the power cord from the box for at least 15 seconds as this dumps the guide data (and anything else in residual memory) so that it has to download the info fresh. Guide usually updates within 24hrs (48 in rare cases).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support