Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why can't we keep A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME and more?  

Message 1 of 238
ACE - Expert

Re: ARE WE LOSING A&E & LIFETIME?

@KWASMO wrote:

They raise the rates all the time anyway so might as well get some channels out of it. 

Network owners demand more money.

Service providers raise rates.

Customers complain and jump ship.

Network owners demand more money.

Service providers raise rates. 

More customers complain and jump ship.

The networks are pricing themselves out of the market. How long do you think this situation can last???

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 211 of 238
ACE - Expert

@KWASMO  When is once a year considered all the time?  Plus you don't get anymore channels as DTV doesn't create channels the content providers do.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 212 of 238
Mentor

Re: ARE WE LOSING A

I’ve been with Directv for 21 years so once a year X 21 is a lot of times.
Message 213 of 238
ACE - Expert

@KWASMO wrote:

And price increases are hardly unique to DirecTV. All providers raise their rates at least that often. Even Netflix just jacked up their monthly rates. 

Message 214 of 238
Mentor

Really ? I didn't know that since I'm not a ace expert with 46,000 posts. Then again I have better things to do.

Message 215 of 238
ACE - Expert

@KWASMO wrote:

Really ? I didn't know that since I'm not a ace expert with 46,000 posts. Then again I have better things to do.

And now you know 🙂

Message 216 of 238
ACE - Expert

@KWASMO wrote:

Consider how much gas prices are compared to 21 years ago. Many things go up over time, never mind any inflation on the dollar.

Though it didn't used to happen every year, it has happened more in the few years prior to AT&T acquiring DirecTV. This is why I believe channel negotiations/disputes are becoming more known (Viacom was the big one, both times) as TV providers are increasingly standing their ground against the increased costs. Though they may not be able to completely stop it, I certainly support them trying to minimize the increases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 217 of 238
Contributor

Re: No more A&E? No more live PD????

Do we still have to pay

Message 218 of 238
ACE - Expert

@Roslyn1 wrote:

Do we still have to pay

Of course.  DirecTV, like all other service providers, covers themselves in their contract when greedy station owners pull their channels. 

Message 219 of 238
ACE - Expert

@Roslyn1 wrote:

Do we still have to pay

Yes.

TV providers cannot guarantee a channel will always be available. They don't own the channels, so cannot force them to be there. So if a channel turns themselves off to try and get higher rates, or the channel shuts down completely where they don't exist anymore, our bill doesn't change. Programming and channels are subject to change at any time as TV providers do not have control over them, so include this their terms of service.

You can change your package at any time. So if by some chance A&E was the only channel that requires the level of package you are, then lower it to something cheaper.

Message 220 of 238

The national network channels (New York and LA) just dropped out of my channel guide.  A DTV CSR said it's because DTV is in negotiations for those channels.  I don't see anything about them on the "promise" website, though.  Maybe I just don't know how to search the site.

Message 221 of 238
ACE - Expert

@Dirtdauber wrote:

The national network channels (New York and LA) just dropped out of my channel guide.  A DTV CSR said it's because DTV is in negotiations for those channels.  I don't see anything about them on the "promise" website, though.  Maybe I just don't know how to search the site.

On https://tvpromise.att.com/ go to the bottom of the page. You choose your TV service and then put in your zip code and click search. That will show any negotiations in your area. If you have both NY and LA feeds, then that means there was no equivalent local affiliates where you live. I would check www.directv.com/locals to see if that may have changed.

A negotiation with a local affiliate in your area would not affect the DNS feeds which are not from the local affiliate's market. So try www.directv.com/refresh to verify the service authorizations and if a red button reset of the box as well to be sure.

Message 222 of 238
ACE - Expert

DNS are the feeds that the networks send to their local affiliates and if there where any negotiations going on it wouldn't remove the channels from the guide and there would be a message on the channels to the effect the channel removed their feed.  Sounds like your account got changed either when it got moved to the new RC1 account or by mistake and it is very difficult to get them back.

Message 223 of 238
Tutor

I did the forgot user I.D. and I did the forgot password . I am using the I.D. you sent me and I am using the new password I just created. Why am I getting

"It seems you're having difficulty logging in to myAT&T.

To protect your information, we lock accounts after too many unsuccessful login tries, and you're getting close. Enter your user ID and password carefully on your next try.

Select Forgot ID? or Forgot Password? below for further assistance."

I am putting in the correct user I.D., the one you sent me and I am putting in the correct password, the one I just created. Why is it not working? Everything has been done by C&P and I have it on "show password" so no it is not a typo

Message 224 of 238
ACE - Expert

@mmmjvpssm 

Sorry but we did not send you anything on your login. We are customers like yourself. If you cannot log onto the website then call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 when they are open so you can discuss the account, and speak to the web unlock team if you still cannot login.

Message 225 of 238
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support