Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why can't we keep A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME and more?  

Message 1 of 238

Re: ARE WE LOSING A

I'm not looking for log-in information, but thanks much for your reply.
Message 226 of 238
ACE - Expert

@Dirtdauber wrote:
I'm not looking for log-in information, but thanks much for your reply.

Apparently @mmmjvpssm thought this was customer service so was looking for login help. So they should call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to get help, or if they want help from other customers to post in a thread that is relevant to their issue (or create their own).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 227 of 238

Thanks all.
Message 228 of 238
Mentor

Are we losing CBS & others?

Message 229 of 238
Tutor

Re: ARE WE LOSING A&E & LIFETIME?

I have been a long time AT&T & Direct TV customer. I was forced to have my original TV receiver box replaced by a "Geni" 4K machine. Every few seconds the video & audio froze for several seconds & restarted after all of the content during the freeze was lost. 3 times tech's have come out & the problem still exists. On 7-12 AT&T installed an "upgrade" into their EMAIL systems. as a result I had no access to my emails for a week.  New Hardware & software  should NEVER have been released, let alone installed until ALL OF THE BUGS & PROBLEMS ARE REMOVED. Again, as happens every year, all of the local channels are advertising that Direct TV & ATT UVERSE may cancel all local TV stations on their line up. Our only access to local news, weather & traffic is via local channels. To cancel these would be an act of violence against your customers and business suicide. We have many other TV providers from which to chose, including just old fashioned Antenna TV. Who & why such self-destructive business decisions are made is a mystery.

Message 230 of 238
Highlighted
ACE - Master

@mike53 wrote:

anything is possible

but only the station knows if it will shut off he signal in an attempt to get more money

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 231 of 238
ACE - Expert

@mike53 wrote:

Local affiliate and DirecTV are negotiating the next carriage deal. The owner of the local could choose to pull the feed during negotiation, but we don't know either way until that happens. There is always the possibility that negotiations could complete before that happens, or that the local would keep the feed on (without demanding a even higher price just for the extension itself) while they continue talking.

So we shall see. Most negotiations that reach the point of the channel pulling the feed do not last long. Currently Nexstar is an exception, but certainly not the longest any TV provider has seen. You can prepare yourself, just plug a regular antenna into your TV so you can get the free broadcasts. Might even pull up additional channels within range you weren't getting anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 232 of 238
Contributor

We have lost two channels in the Quad Cities in Iowa.  We lost Channel 4, KWQC-CBS, our favorite local weather channel and Channel 26, KCGW.  Channel 26 is not a frequently viewed channel in our household, but it is one we were offered with our contract.  If this negotiation last much longer we will need to investigate changing our service to obtain the channels that we watch regularly.  Sorry, but we are paying for the service and not getting what we signed up for.

Ben 

Message 233 of 238
Mentor

I am with you! AT$T doesn't care about serving customers. All the greedy corporate executives care about is corporate profits. Look at all the movie channels. All you get is reruns, second rate movies, and old 1970's sitcoms? Of course AT$T blames their providers.

Message 234 of 238
ACE - Expert

DTV/AT&T have no control over a channels programming.

Message 235 of 238
Mentor

Excuse after excuse when AT$T does have the ability to influence programming. You guys are just excuse masters to your company.

Message 236 of 238
ACE - Expert

All employees of either company have that fact stated in a box similar to the ACE box and no DTV/AT&T only rebroadcasts what they are sent and don't care what is on the channel.

Message 237 of 238
Mentor

Re: No more A&E? No more live PD????

OK I believe neither company cares what is on the channels or whether they even provide customers what they promised. All customers are supposed to be stupid and go AT$T is the guru of telecommunications and whatever they say is fine with me?

Message 238 of 238
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support