Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Highlighted

Why are we losing so many great channels?

Why can't we keep A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME and more?  

Message 1 of 220
ACE - Expert

Re: Why are we losing so many great channels?

DirecTV satellite is not losing these channels. You must be talking about DirectNow https://www.multichannel.com/news/directv-now-dumps-viacom-and-other-channels

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 220

No more A&E? No more live PD????

You can cancel my subscription now direcTV. True story

Message 3 of 220
ACE - Expert

Re: No more A&E? No more live PD????

This is the DTV sat forum and it is DTV Now that may lose A&E, All providers go through this when the contract expires.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 220
Tutor

https://keepmychannels.com/

Actually all the platforms are about to boot them. But that would be the end of my service because that's all I watch.

Message 5 of 220
Tutor

ARE WE LOSING A&E & LIFETIME?

I'm watching A&E Live PD tonight and I keep seeing noticed that AT&T customers could lose A&E, Lifetime, C&I, and other channels ("up to 10 channels").  How do I let AT&T know that WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE THESE CHANNELS!!!!

Message 6 of 220
ACE - Expert

@Thecrane wrote:

https://keepmychannels.com/

Actually all the platforms are about to boot them. But that would be the end of my service because that's all I watch.

Scare tactic by A&E Networks. Only A&E can decide if DirecTV and other providers get to deliver their channels. They're the ones demanding more $$$. 

Message 7 of 220
ACE - Expert

Re: No more A&E? No more live PD????

Only A&E Networks can decide to pull their channels, not DirecTV or other providers. Greedy network owners are killing companies like Comcast, DirecTV and Dish Network by demanding more and more money for less and less quality programs. Complain to them. 

Message 8 of 220
Tutor

Re: ARE WE LOSING A&E & LIFETIME?

Im wondering the same thing! I will definitely leave at&t if that happens,  those are my main channels i watch! 

Message 9 of 220
Contributor

NFL and A&E WOW

I am seriously done with AT&T ...... if something isnt done. I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years with AT &T cell phone, cable, etc. But this is enough. You keep wanting same prices but then take take take. Thanks for NOTHING. 

Message 10 of 220
Tutor

Actually I disagree. DirecTV removed other channels from other platforms, they do it all the time. While they are both negotiating it is not just up to A&E. Now, who is at fault and who is demanding more money is yet to be seen, but the responsibility of having all the channels that the customers pay for lies on DirecTV, and how they work that out is up to them. 

Message 11 of 220
Contributor

I was upset about loosing Fox and today the DirectTV customer service rep offered to send me a usb device (for free) that will allow me to get local channels. It’s a step in the right direction. Negotiations are always a pain for the ultimate customers, us....... 

Message 12 of 220

KEEP A&E.......!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 220

Have been a long time viewer of the A&E Network - would definitely cancel DirecTV if A&E is not in the lineup..........!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 220
ACE - Professor

I've had U-Verse for over ten years. I had them lose four groups of national channels (and one local channel) and one of those was re-added after less than a week.

Compare that to what regularly gets posted at http://programmingchanges.att.com on the third Tuesday of the month and you'll see that the odds are great that an agreement will be reached.

Message 15 of 220
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support