Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What happened to the bein sports channel

Contributor

What happened to the bein sports channel

Why is the channel asking me to contact DIRECTV on line. Is the channel no longer carried?

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: What happened to the bein sports channel

Contract negotiations

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Employee

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 13
Contributor

I will switch to Spectrum

Message 4 of 13
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 13
Tutor

So I assume this means the price of the Sports Pak will go down since AT&T is no longer paying beinSport’s unfair carriage fees, right?

Message 6 of 13
ACE - Expert

Nope, the content providers don't change the price DTV pays them when they drop channels,  So how can DTV?

Message 7 of 13
Tutor

I find that to be an interesting answer.  If there’s one less content o divider, are you saying the others automatically raise prices to make up for the list content provider?  I mean, if there are 10 content providers each charging $10, and AT&T drops one, then AT&T’s total cost drops from $100 to $90.  If that savings to AT&T isn’t passed on to their customers, whom they profess to be protecting in this dispute, then where does it get passed on to?  What was the current carriage fee for beinSports vs. the amount beinSports proposed?  

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Expert

The content providers put their channels in packages just like DTV does and sells them at a certain price until the contract expires when a channel is dropped then the content providers makes more profit.

Message 9 of 13
Tutor

I understand that for content providers with multiple channels, like ESPN, who package them together.  Which other channels are packaged by beinSports?  

Message 10 of 13
Scholar

That link ir=t sound it look it smell like a lie http://directvpromise.com/bein-sports/

Message 11 of 13
Tutor

BeinSports was really the only reason I paid about $13 a month for the sports package.  Those regional sports networks aren’t worth a flip because all the good programming on them is blacked out.  They’re sure not worth paying extra for.  Ultimately, it looks like DirecTV will save itself some money by not paying for beinSports, and I’ll save myself some money by not paying for the sports package.  These p*ssing contests between the platforms and content providers get old, though.  The consumer winds up as the ultimate victim.  Makes me want to dump all of them and just pick up various streaming services for my viewing needs.

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 13
Tutor

DTV's explanation is so paternalistic. Could MSN Network tell it's fans "Sorry, you can no longer see Yankees and Knicks games, however, you can still enjoy the Mets and Brooklyn Nets!". They have no respect for us soccer fans and are seriously underestimating how much they can lose. BEIN carries La Liga, which features the most attractive soccer and the best player in the world. It's loss is hard to take sitting down. 

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support