Helpful Links

What dish size is required for HD Directv

Contributor

What dish size is required for HD Directv

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but what dish size is required for HD Directv?  Is it possible that a dish size of 18" to be sufficient?  I am having issues with my Home Owners Association.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: What dish size is required for HD Directv

No, an 18" dish is not capable of receiver HD signals.  The Slimline dish is approx. 32 across by 28 tall. however you HOA  CANNOT tell you not to install it since is agaisnt the law

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: What dish size is required for HD Directv

Do a Google search on "FCC OTARD Regulations".   Your homeowner's association cannot restrict your right to install a dish in an area primarily under your control.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support