Helpful Links

Watching data free on non-AT&T ISP's

Highlighted
Contributor

Watching data free on non-AT&T ISP's

Background: I've read more than 200 post and spent a wonderful 2 hours on the phone with customer service. Maybe my question is too specific or I'm not asking it the correct way. I am using the english language. There is no answer (to my satisfaction) as of yet.

Logisitics: I have two homes very far apart. In house "A" I have a fairly new DirecTV service, two AT&T cell phones (4 on the bundled plan) and NO internet service. In house "B" there is an AT&T cell, a NON-AT&T cell (because of no AT&T service in the area) and an ISP IDSN metered service that people who remember 2400 baud dial-up would disgusted with.

Problem: I like to catch up with CNN and see who died on TWD*. So, I take my NON-AT&T cell while it's connected to my WiFi and screen cast it to watch DirecTV. I have the proper DTV app and I'm logged into my account. Oh! And I have the NFL app to catch a game or two when I'm there.

Issue: My lessor than internet friendly ISP says I blew through a month worth of data in 11 days. The only thing I used the data for was DTV. My ISP plan is for 450 gigs a month @ 50Mbs bandwidth.

Question: If DTV is suppose to be data free, where is my problem and why am I being charged for it?

Thanks to anyone that might have some insight.

B

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Watching data free on non-AT&T ISP's

It's only free if you're using your att cellular data.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Watching data free on non-AT&T ISP's

I have AT&T cellular and wifi on my ipad. Do I have to watch the movie free on the ipad or can I watch it free on the TV. How do I do it?

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support