Helpful Links

WHERE IS THE HBO FREE PREVIEW?

WHERE IS THE HBO FREE PREVIEW?

Are you lying about HBO FREE preview that is suppose to start today 02/17/2017 through 02/20/2017???  It was 2:00 am and there are no free previews.  I am very disappointed you sent false messages.  Beginning to be regretful!!!!!

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: WHERE IS THE HBO FREE PREVIEW?

patience, it will show up

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Master

Free trial weekends do no start at midnight. Normallly they are turning on after 6am Eastern Time when it is the start of the business day. Just like if a new cell phone is launched, you cannot order it or purchase in store until the business day starts.

Now when the channels are avaiable, the guide may still be grey so just put in the channel number directly. (501 - 509 and 511). If it is passed the reasonable start time (again once business hours have started) then go to www.directv.com/refresh which will resend the service authorizations if your box didn't catch it automatically.

There are much worse things than a freebie not turning on in the graveyard hours.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7

I was able to get them just not until six hours later which you always do
that and it is totally unfair not to get the additional six hours after the
fourth day. You need to inform the graveyard shift to do their job better
when the first day of the FREE PREVIEW of any premium channels comes up it
should be immediately after midnight, not an hour, or two, or six hours.
You hired lazy technicians. Disgusted and regretful.

Ms. Quihuis
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

The channels decide when the free weekends starts not DTV.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

There is nothing disgraceful. Per the requirments from the premium networks, the national free trial weekend that they give all customers with no obligation, is scheduled to start on the business day. As such, normally these free trial weekends will end at 6am on Monday. This has nothing to do with graveyard techs.

But in the end, they are giving you a proactive free trial. Nothing you have to do in order to turn it on or off. This is a pure complimentary perk given, not something you are entitiled to. So please come off the attitude of "give me free, now, now now!" and enjoy that you get to enjoy these channels over the weekend with no obligation on your part for doing so. If you are so desperate to have these channels, then pay for them and then they will always be on for you.

Message 6 of 7
Employee

Free previews are not an entitlement. It's a freebie. It's not up to the carriers to decide when this is activated and available but the content providers.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support