WCIA Audio problems

Teacher

WCIA Audio problems

Recently WCIA HD in Champaign IL has been having audio garbled and the picture breaks up on the bottom of screen, any one else having this trouble?

Message 1 of 17 (428 Views)
Expert

Re: WCIA Audio problems

What is the model number of your receiver.  You'll find it inside the card door.

Message 2 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

My receiver is a H21/200.

Message 3 of 17 (91 Views)
Expert

If all other channels are working properly then the problem is almost surely in the stations transmission.  You might give them a call and speak to the station engineer.

Message 4 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

Thank you for the reply. I will try to contact the station and ask them about it.

Greg

Message 5 of 17 (91 Views)

I'm having trouble too. It's intermittent. No snow or ice on the dish. It will pixelate and sound in and out. Other channels are fine.   Thanks

Message 6 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

I have sent WCIA Eng. dept. and email to ask them about the problem. I don't expect a reply until Monday. Thank You for letting me know that you are having the same problem with WCIA.

Greg

Message 7 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

I just got a message about WCIA

"We have seen this problem many times in the past and it has always been the DirecTV receiver.  I will be speaking to them about it again this morning.  Thanks for letting us know."

Darren Martin

Chief Engineer

WCIA

Who's problem is it???

Message 8 of 17 (91 Views)

No problem with my receiver. Why do all the other channels work? It was great having intermittent blackouts during the Grammys too.

Thanks

Charlie Francisco

Message 9 of 17 (91 Views)
ACE - Expert

How can it be the DirecTV Receiver if it only happens on one channel???   99% of the time these problems are caused by issues with the local station's feed to DirecTV, or DirecTV's retransmission of their feed. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 17 (91 Views)

Agreed. It blacked out a couple of times during the Grammys and then

seemed to be ok. I haven't checked today.

Thanks

Charlie

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM, litzdog911 <

Message 11 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

I talked to DIRECTV on Monday and they said it was a problem with WCIA. As of today I am no longer having the problem whatever it was has been resolved. Lets hope it stays that way. I have to agree that when it's just one channel its not the receiver.

Message 12 of 17 (91 Views)

Thanks. I didn't notice it last night but watched the Sopranos!

Charlie

Message 13 of 17 (91 Views)
Teacher

This problem has been cleared up. WCIA must have fixed it.

Message 14 of 17 (91 Views)
ACE - Expert

Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 17 (91 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support