Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Vizio M49-C1 w/ Genie C61k-700 4k problems

Highlighted
Tutor

Vizio M49-C1 w/ Genie C61k-700 4k problems

Hi,

If I connect genie c61k-700 into hdmi5 of my vizio m49-c1, the tv says that my tv is 4k but when I change to channel 104, it says no signal.

If I use hdmi1, the tv says that it is NOT 4k and when I change the channel to 104, it displays 1080p only.

Any ideas?

Roger

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Vizio M49-C1 w/ Genie C61k-700 4k problems

The TV manual says that only the HDMI 5 has 60hz refresh rate that the receiver needs.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

Be sure your Vizio has the latest firmware. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Tutor

As mentioned, I tried hdmi 5 and I get no signal in the 4k channel 104

Message 4 of 8
Expert

don't ignore advice on post # 3.  this is all on your TV

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

I talked to Vizio and I have the latest firmware.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by kungroger
‎09-28-2016 7:47 AM

try a diff hdmi cable, it could be an hdcp error

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Thx.  I tried a Amazon hdmi cable instead of the Directv hdmi cable and it worked perfectly.  Thx so much.  

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support