Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more 

Use your tablet or mobile device as a DIRECTV remote control

Highlighted
Community Support

Use your tablet or mobile device as a DIRECTV remote control

Title.png

Having trouble finding your remote again?  Use your tablet or mobile device to get access to most of the button commands found on your regular DIRECTV remote.

Picture.jpg

Check below for the easy step by step instructions for turning your device into a remote control.

Use the DIRECTV app

Follow these steps to set up your device
Note: You will need one of the following receiver models to use your device as a remote: HR20, HR21, R22, HR23, HR24, HR44, H21, H23, H24, or H25. Press and hold down INFO on your DIRECTV remote to figure out which receiver model you have.  You can also find the model number on the receiver itself; usually behind the panel on the front right. 

1. Install the DIRECTV app on your tablet (Android tablet, iPad, or Kindle Fire) or mobile device (Android or Apple).
  2. Open the DIRECTV app on your table or mobile device.
  3. Tap the remote icon in the upper right corner.
  4. Tap Remote.

You can also change the remote mode to a mini remote, which gives you access to primary DVR controls. To use this feature, your device and your receiver must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎02-22-2017 7:47 PM

Re: Use your tablet or mobile device as a DIRECTV remote control

Misplace the DIRECTV remote control?  No worries, you have other options.  Check out the above article for more information.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support