Helpful Links

Update 0x5cd

Scholar

Update 0x5cd

I noticed that at 2:39am this morning, my HR23, received an update,0x5cd. I also have noticed that the guide which use to show the posters of the programs, but now do not. Will they reappear, or is this a bug of the new update? Undecided

1,569 Views
Message 1 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Update 0x5cd

This info takes a few days to download...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 26
Employee

Re: Update 0x5cd

everytime the receivers gets a new software update, it wipes out all the guide data.  it takes approx 24 to 48 hrs for all the "stuff" to load.  

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 26
Contributor

Re: Update 0x5cd

My HR22/100 downloaded software update 0x5cd this morning.  Now when I change channels I only get audio but no picture.  I have to turn off the tv and then back on to get the video.  Same thing when I try to watch a show saved on the hard drive.  Directv needs to update the software.  This is not a problem with my tv or my HDMI cable.

Message 4 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Update 0x5cd

It's an HDMI incompatibility problem with your HDTV and/or AV Surround Receiver.  You can use Component Video cables as a work around until this hopefully gets fixed. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Update 0x5cd

Yes, 0x5cd introduces a number of HDMI issues, hopefully there will be a new release soon that corrects these...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 26
Contributor

Re: Update 0x5cd

I have a HR23/700 and got 0x5cd this morning also. I'm also having the video dropout.
My question, since this is my first need to post, is what is everyone's collective experience when texasbrit says:
"...hopefully there will be a new release soon..."
What is "soon"?
Message 7 of 26
Contributor

Re: Update 0x5cd

Also, I have a second dvr, HR24/500 that has older 0x59e. Is there a way I can prevent the update from happening while we wait for the fix to 0x5cd?

AdTHANKSvance
Message 8 of 26
Professor

Re: Update 0x5cd

Quote: Originally Posted by wireguy 
I have a HR23/700 and got 0x5cd this morning also. I'm also having the video dropout.
My question, since this is my first need to post, is what is everyone's collective experience when texasbrit says:
"...hopefully there will be a new release soon..."
What is "soon"?


See post # 5. Sure and probably a permanent fix. I run component cables to the TV and an Optical cable to my Yamaha for sound. You can run component cables to the TV and Red and White for Audio. Never have another  problem with HDMI connections.

Message 9 of 26
Professor

Re: Update 0x5cd

Quote: Originally Posted by wireguy 
Also, I have a second dvr, HR24/500 that has older 0x59e. Is there a way I can prevent the update from happening while we wait for the fix to 0x5cd?

AdTHANKSvance

No. software automatic updates when it is sent from the satellite.

Message 10 of 26
Contributor

Re: Update 0x5cd

Thanks very much for your help. I just noticed that the first poster in this thread was from May 23...
Off to cablestogo.com ...
Message 11 of 26
Teacher

Re: Update 0x5cd

Same problem here, and it's been going on for about 10 days now (since the last software download on May 23)...and it also happened at the beginning of May after a previous software download, but engineering was apparently able to do something to correct it the first time but not this time. I've been on the phone with tech support three times and have been told that it has been "escalated to engineering" and no one knows how long it'll be before it's fixed. What's up with that? Does anyone have any newer information?

Message 12 of 26
Employee

Re: Update 0x5cd

It's a known issue and directv is aware.  It will be most likely b fixed one the national release.   In the meantime use component cables as a work around.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 26
Teacher

Re: Update 0x5cd

Just FYI...

In reading other threads, I've discovered a workaround that has given me a temporary solution: I changed the supported resolutions in the Settings menu to 480 (unchecked the 720 and 1080 ones), and although the picture is lower res, it's ok to watch and I'm now able to switch directly between channels and DVR recorded programs...it beats trying to run new component cables down through a wall as a temporary solution! Please excuse my "yelling," but:

SURELY DIRECTV WILL GET SOMETHING DONE RIGHT AWAY. THIS IS ABSURD AND IT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE ALL PAYING FOR!!!

Message 14 of 26
Employee

Re: Update 0x5cd

Quote: Originally Posted by draley  

Just FYI...

In reading other threads, I've discovered a workaround that has given me a temporary solution: I changed the supported resolutions in the Settings menu to 480 (unchecked the 720 and 1080 ones), and although the picture is lower res, it's ok to watch and I'm now able to switch directly between channels and DVR recorded programs...it beats trying to run new component cables down through a wall as a temporary solution! Please excuse my "yelling," but:

SURELY DIRECTV WILL GET SOMETHING DONE RIGHT AWAY. THIS IS ABSURD AND IT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE ALL PAYING FOR!!!


you don't need to run the component cables down the wall.  is a temp fix anyway.  and no need to "yell" at us.  as you probably know we are not DirecTV employees, just customers like yourself.  if you want DirecTv to see your complain, it would be best to send them an email.  they won't  see it here.



Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support