Helpful Links

Unauthorized change in programming

Contributor

Unauthorized change in programming

I have only been with Directv for approx 3 months.... this has been the most frustrating and time consuming company I've ever dealt with in all my life.  Originally I wasn't provided the serviced I was "pitched" when I initially switched.  After calling once noticed, the agent still did not change my service, so after a 45 minute waste of effort. I left the programming as is.

This month I figured out how to change programming via web. Once package comparison was made, I changed it at the beginning of the month. 

On 10/19/17, I had to call and due to billing error after speaking to 21 different agents (NO EXAGGERATION) and after I was in TEARS due to the frustration.  My child noticed that our channel line up was not the same.  My recently selected package was changed w/out authorization.

I found the chat option via web. The agent offered to change my package back, then suddenly the chat disappeared. I went into my account to change my package; selected the correct package and logged out.

When I logged back in, the most expensive package has been selected. Now I am directed to call customer service to make changes.  NOT TODAY, this has taken irreplaceable to time...it is NOT my time and/or sanity.

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Unauthorized change in programming

After reading MY own post, my spell check did not even work properly....LOL!! Seriously.

NOT TODAY, this has taken irreplaceable time...it is NOT WORTH my time and/or sanity.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Unauthorized change in programming

Unfortunately you have to call to lower your package, the website only allows you to upgrade your package.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support