Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV screen not showing anything, just black

Tutor

TV screen not showing anything, just black

I have the genie system.  The TV screen is totally blank or just black.  The sound is good, but nothing else work.  I can change stations, but I cannot see anything.  I do not know what station I have changed to. 

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: TV screen not showing anything, just black

Need more information to help you out.

1.  Has this worked before?

2. Have you made any changes?

3. What type of receiver do you have? Model?

4. How is the receiver connected to the TV?

5. You say the audio is fine, but the picture is black. Do you have an external sound connection? I.e. sound bar, stereo?

Once we understand the setup, we can make better suggestions. Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
Tutor

It is fixed. Thanks a lot

Pat

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@slmaddoux wrote:

It is fixed. Thanks a lot

Pat

Care to share what fixed it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by slmaddoux
‎01-19-2019 4:20 PM

Yes, I just changed the setting to HDMI and everything is now great.  So simple.   I am

embarrassed

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

I tried this too. Worked for the rest of the day, but this morning it started again. Now screen is black after a minute or two. Plugged a nd unplugged,  replaced receiver, still happening. Tech supposed to be here yesterday a.m. , at&t called and said tech came and I wasn't home. I'm on 02 and never go anywhere. They gave me another appt. for Fri.  I'm so frustrated. The f  ct that happening to so many others tells me itbaint my tv. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support