Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Contributor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Hi,

I was trying to watch some channels on my DIRECTV on Google Chrome. And it asks me to install DIRECTV Player which I did. I installed it long time ago and everything was working correctly but now it doesnt. Also I reinstalled the Cisco Videoguard player but still no luck.

I hope that you can help me.

Message 1 of 7

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm having the same problem and can not watch DIRECT TV on my PC.... 

Message 2 of 7
Mentor

Same problem on a MAC.

Message 3 of 7
Mentor

I just found this on another thread. It WORKED for me!

I'm on Macbook, osX Yosemite.  Trying to access DirectTV through Google Chrome to watch DTV live.

I had the same problem you describe. Was advised to download and install the Viewer software and, after shutting down my browser and re-launching, I would still get the same instruction to download their Viewer.

What finally worked:

I kept the browser open. Once I had confirmation the Video Player installed, I went back to the browser and manually refreshed the page where I started.  There was a confirmation message that the Viewer was then starting and the live stream started.

Why I did this.  The instructions for the installation state that the web page should automatically refresh once you have confirmation that the Viewer has been installed.  Well - I got the install confirmation but the browser did not automatically refresh - so I figured I could just manually refresh the browser.  I mean, what the h_ _ l, right?  Not like I was watching more programming before then.  See if simply refreshing the web page after install does the trick.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Solution: (Win10)

Go to Settings>Apps & Features>Uninstall old CiscoVideo Guard Player.  You should see a date of an earlier version installed months ago.

I was having the same issue reinstalling and stuck in a loop & assuming the new version would overwrite the earlier one-it doesn't

Then Install the new version being pushed to you when trying to watch online.

Then Refresh webpage manually.

That should trigger DTV to allow online viewing.  It did for me.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

As I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, it's been over a month with this issue and I've given up on directv's ability to handle this in a quick and professional manner. Next time ATT decides to post another sob story about how piracy is hurting their bottom line perhaps they should look inwards at their inability to keep their customers connected to the content they desire. 

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I have same problem. Why can't DirecTV get this fixed??  I have to reinstall this "DIRECTV Player" every time I close the browser window. 
Or whenever it randomly breaks again.  I have fight it again by refreshing the browser - reinstalling - repeat , clear cache, repeat , clear hidden
chrome message to run plugin,  repeat ...  until it works.  Then it will break again and I have to do this over and over... Soooooooo frustrating
please FIX THIS!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support