Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

Still having problems with RC66RX controlling TCL TV

Highlighted

Still having problems with RC66RX controlling TCL TV

New TV, older remote.  Found remote code 11756 on another string and have repeatedly tried to get the TV to respond using the "legacy code entry method". The code library hosted in the HR24 does not apparently serve the newest TCL models.  So, stuck with the "Mute+Select" code entry method.  I've programmed many TVs over the last couple decades with this method and always get it to work.  But code 11756 is not working with a new TCL55S04, or my keystroke sequence is off.  Here's what I am doing:

1) slide mode switch to TV

2) long press mute+select, get lights

3) enter 987 to clear previous erroneous codes

4) Mute+ select again, enter 11756

5) test volume response.  Here is where I get no response, code wrong or procedure wrong.  Normally I would expect volume response instantly, even before restoring mode switch back to DTV.

Help!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Still having problems with RC66RX controlling TCL TV

Dang, I just discovered the post stating that TCL/Roku has put out a buggy firmware update just a couple days ago, and we have to wait for them to fix it.....!

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

there are lots of posts about this. It's a TV problem, nothing to do with DirecTV. Roku initiated a download which has broken the interface between the TV and the white remote. They are telling customers they know about the problem and are working on it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4

Now understand.  I opened a ticket with TCL and they kindly replied that their engineers are working with the Roku engineers. I promptly replied with build and software version info (available from Settings/System/About menu dive) They will reply to my case number as soon as there is more to report.  Don't know how long.  Meanwhile, they know there are could be millions of annoyed DTV users that are forced to use two remotes.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to set up & use your remote control. View DIRECTV Remote Control Help!
Additional Support