Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more 

Screen freezing and no voice

Highlighted
Contributor

Screen freezing and no voice

My two other tv screens are freezing and no voice every few seconds.  This has been going on since the weekend.  I called DirectTV and they are "aware" of the issue but it's taking this long to fix????  Ridiculous!  

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Screen freezing and no voice

My HD receiver freezes up at random times mainly on one channel (FEtv). Resetting the unit by pushing in the red reset button fixes it for a short while. No other channel freezes up and the other receiver in the bedroom works fine. It is extremely frustrating dealing with Directv since AT &T bought them out. Trying to talk to a human on the phone is nearly impossible. I'm thinking of switching companies

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

HR24/500 receiver.  Software 0xba2, Thu 11/29, 3:42a

On several channels, watching programs from satellite (not watching recorded stuff) program freezes, no sound, after watching a few minutes.  Can rewind a ways, but stops again at the same point.  Change channels and change back, runs OK for another minute or two, then freezes again.  Some channels (e.g. 256 TCM, 506 HBOCHD) work fine.  Some channels (e.g. 256 BOOM, 542 SEFM) have the problem consistently.  Have reset box from remote, from red button, and from DirecTv (on service call).  No help.  Tried running a big fan; got temperature down to 96 degF,  No help. This has been going on for at least 3 weeks.  Before I let DirecTv charge me for a service call or go to a lease, I noticed that my software was last updated on Nov. 29.  Smells to me (I'm a computer guy) like only a few channels are using some coding/encaps technique that croaks the receiver.  Software update may/may not be the issue, but it's certainly suspicious.

Any clues?

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Both the faulty channel are on the same transponder, tp15 on the 101 satellite. What's the signal strength on ALL the transponders on 101?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I'm canceling my direct tv subscription as soon as Comcast gets out here to install my equipment as I cannot simply disconnect DirectTV. Learned that the hard way today.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support