Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Santa Tracker Problem on Directv

Contributor

Santa Tracker Problem on Directv

I clicked on Santa Tracker on my directv and now my screen is black and I can't change the channel or anything. What can I do to fix it?
Message 3 of 18
Contributor

Santa Tracker

Why is Santa Tracker not on right now?
Message 1 of 18
Mentor

Re: Santa Tracker

pls check on ch 110

Message 2 of 18
ACE - Expert

Re: Santa Tracker Problem on Directv

There's no Santa to track yet Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 18
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Moderator (Moderator)
Accepted by ATTCommunityTeam
‎11-29-2016 12:59 PM

If your DVR/Receiver is hung, try resetting it using the red reset button, usually behind the front panel access card door. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 18
Teacher

Re: Santa Tracker

I tried the channel but it is telling me that I have to upgrade my Genie to get it.

Message 6 of 18
Solution
Accepted by Moderator (Moderator)
Accepted by ATTCommunityTeam
‎11-29-2016 12:58 PM

The DIRECTV Santa Tracker TV app is now available for you and your children to enjoy music, games, and movies as you count down the days to Santa’s arrival.

Check out Santa Tracker on Ch. 110. You can also follow these steps to launch the TV app:

1. Press the right arrow key on your DIRECTV remote control to access the Apps Dock.
  2. Scroll down until you see Santa Tracker app in the menu.
  3. Press SELECT to launch the application.

For more information, check out Santa Tracker on DIRECTV and enjoy!

Message 7 of 18
Contributor

Mine says I need to be connected to the internet and when I check the connection it says it is connected. When does the Santa tracker start?
Message 8 of 18
Highlighted
Contributor

My TV doesn't have the Santa Tracker app only the channel, and when I try to go on the channel I get the message "Upgrade to the latest Genie platform in order to enhance your viewing experience. Call 1-800-531-5000 today."
When I call customer service they tell me I have the most up to date equipment and that it's probably just a 4k channel, neither one seemed to know anything about it. I'd really like to figure this out for my family.
Message 9 of 18
ACE - Expert

AFAIK 110 is not a 4K channel only 104, 105, 106

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 10 of 18
Contributor

Thats kindof what I figured but still doesnt explain why I dont have access to it. 

Message 11 of 18
Contributor

Same here. Worked aBout 10 days ago. Now the same message about genie upgrade. WASTED 40 min on the 1-800 # only to be told after resetting everything (genie all 3 & main unit) "there is a problem with the channel it self. Engineers are working on it". Standard BSC answer. Why reset everything and be passed around to different "technicians" for 40 minutes if they knew there was a problem on their end? Looking for a new provider.
Message 12 of 18
Contributor

What is the naughty and nice for. Can't enter any names?

Message 13 of 18
Contributor

This is rediculous.... I've tried to click on Santa tracker daily for my three year old and only once did things pop up only for it to quickly disappear and freeze. I have tried everything recommended and the screen is doing absolutely nothing. My three year old was so excited for this feature... yet here it is 10:03 pm on Christmas Eve and it's still not doing a thing. Anyone at all have any luck with this? Beyond disappointed with this... why even have it as an option if it's not working.
Message 14 of 18
Contributor

Channel 110 isn't available on my DVR, and the app isn't in the list either. Is it because I don't have the full, every movie channel package? I don't like to throw money in the trash, so I won't sign up for the movie channels.
Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support