Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Renting movies

Contributor

Renting movies

Is there a way to prevent accidental renting of movies or to prevent others in my home from renting if I am not here?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by 1Blessed
‎11-28-2017 4:55 PM

Re: Renting movies

Go to parental controls and change the spending limits to zero and then lock it with a 4 digit code that will prevent using the remote to place orders,  You will need to call DTV and prove you are the account holder to remove it if you forget it.  I think you can call DTV to set up a password or remove orderings by phone/text.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Remember all settings are per box, so you will need to set the spending limit on each one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I would like to rent a movie but box tells me to call then I get message saying 10 minute wait 20 minutes no help 2 days later still want to rent movie? Please help x two days

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Usually you can simply order pay movies using your remote control.  

What DVR model do you have?

Is it connected to your home network for internet access?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

How to Rent a movie when it only gives you a purchase option?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support