Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Renting movies for5.99 and 7.99 is to much

Teacher

Renting movies for5.99 and 7.99 is to much

Renting a movie through direct tv cost to much when you can go to red box and rent it for 1.20 a day. At 7.99 for 3 day rental you could spend the same 7.99 at Redbox and get like 5 movies instead of 1

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Renting movies for5.99 and 7.99 is to much

DirecTV is digital media that you can order from home without needing a DVD player. If the cost is too much then take the extra time to run over there (or drive), and do so again to return it on time before any late fees start building up.

With DirecTV you are paying for the convenience without having to leave home to get the movie or return it, saving on effort of running over their or gas for your car, and all without having to put on something acceptable for outside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Hbsegura
‎04-08-2018 6:03 PM

You know it is not just Directv. Other on demand sources charge as much. You have many choices, if you don’t want to pay Directv’s prices, then don’t. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Hbsegura wrote:

Renting a movie through direct tv cost to much when you can go to red box and rent it for 1.20 a day. At 7.99 for 3 day rental you could spend the same 7.99 at Redbox and get like 5 movies instead of 1

Easy solution .... don't rent them.  I never do, either. 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎12-04-2019 11:22 PM

If you would rather save money by sacrificing the convenience, but all means go to red box. DirecTV PPVs are OPTIONAL. Nobody is forcing you to order them from the comfort of your living room. With my hectic schedule it is too out of the way to head to a red box, including making sure I don't forgot to return it (or go to return it and find I left it on a counter or such when I left). I don't order PPVs often, but I appreciate the convenience. Plus I never have to worry about getting a DVD that is scratched, dirty, the wrong one, or having an accident happen where I would have to return it in poor condition (or purchase it).

Pros and cons to each. Since you are not forced either way, get Red Box or PPVs as you choose. That freedom of choice is the same as before this discussion. Enjoy your movies either way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support