Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

Remote does not communicate with receiver. .I did the mute/enter and it did not fix

Highlighted
Contributor

Remote does not communicate with receiver. .I did the mute/enter and it did not fix

Remote does not communicate with my receiver. Did the mute/enter combo , but did not fix.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote does not communicate with receiver. .I did the mute/enter and it did not fix

What model remote control?

What model DVR/Receiver?

See also https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Installation/Having-trouble-with-your-DIRECTV-remote/m-p/4880120#M...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Remote does not communicate with receiver. .I did the mute/enter and it did not fix

Ours was doing the same, we have a Vizio Tv that remote wasn’t working either. We unplugged the tv and at the same time pressed the power button to said tv for 15 seconds. Then plugged back in and powered on, and all remotes back to working!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to set up & use your remote control. View DIRECTV Remote Control Help!
Additional Support