Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recordings missing on DTV

Contributor

Recordings missing on DTV

I found some posts about this from 2012 but it's happening to me now.  It's frustrating when I know something was recorded, saw it listed yesterday, and it's not there today!

Anyone have a solution?

Many thanks!

Susan

Message 1 of 11
Contributor

Re: Recordings missing on DTV

Oh!    I see some more recent postings about this problem with some tempers flaring!

Simplest solution for right now seems to go entertain myself with Netflix for the time being and call support tomorrow!

Cheers!

Susan 

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎07-27-2018 11:05 PM

There is a bug in the Genie that is causing some recordings not to appear in the list, pressing 0 to reorder the list will bring them back for awhile and you can also find and play them from the history page until it is fixed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
Scholar

And in the mean time, keep paying that ridiculous monthly billing, that keeps going up annually. 

I just KNEW, that when AT&T got ahold of DIRECTV....it was going to be an abysmal mess.... their unwanted and unannounced “ New and improved” receiver UPDATE was proof. 

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!!!! 

Message 5 of 11
Tutor

I thought I was the only customer who felt this way!!! I really wish Direct did not partner with AT&T.  My bill has gone up and the service is WAY down!  As soon as my contract is up, I will be closing my account.  It's a shame.  I've been a Direct customer for years.

Message 6 of 11

Same here! I’ve been a customer with Directv for 10 years!  Never had a problem until the few months.  I’ve been dealing with the missing recordings for 2 months now, even though when I call, the customer service rep tells me it is a known problem, and should be fixed within two weeks. That was 6 weeks ago ! No mention of a discount on my bill for my loyalty despite the outrageous price and poor service.  I’m going to call again today. This is beyond ridiculous now.  

Message 7 of 11
Scholar

I feel your pain............. as many of us do.  I have no idea why they had to roll out this new GUI when they did.  WHY???  That's all I want to know.  Directv's old interface was just fine.  What did AT&T do, that required this new GUI to be rolled out when it did?  What purpose does it serve?  Nothing about it was "Improved", in my humble opinion. 

As for them fixing it..........don't hold your breath. People have been fighting with problems since  December 2017, It's now a week before September 2018 and NOTHING, except the removal of the channel Icons next to the channel number and making the font size a "tad" larger, has been done.  People keep complaining, AT&T does nothing.  No statement, no apology, no adjustments.......... just the usual response that  " it will be fixed at the next update".   You're further ahead putting your tooth under a pillow and wait for the tooth fairy to reward you.

Message 8 of 11
Mentor

I was told by a representative tonight that the "fix date" for this issue is December 30th. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I asked her why I was previously told end of September and she said she was sorry the rep told me that (she confirmed it was in the notes) but that "everyone knows" that the release date is December 30th. 

Message 9 of 11
Teacher

December 30th is completely unreasonable. Guess it's time to call and cancel. No way we're paying $285/month until then, for something that's been broken for months already. Inexcusable.

Message 10 of 11

I agree! December 30th is completely unreasonable! This has been a problem for months, and has proven to me that Directv/ATT is totally incompetent. I’m sure there won’t be any compensation for this issue either.  We pay for a service that we aren’t receiving, and they aren’t apologetic or keeping their customers updated.  Worst. business. practice. ever!  I live in a rural area so satellite has been our only option up until now.. a cable company is installing lines on our road that will allow us to choose cable instead of satellite. It’s suppose to be complete at the end of this month.  I would’ve considered staying with Directv if they had shown more concern for their customers and the DVR problem.  

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support