Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Protection Plan

Contributor

Protection Plan

I have the protection plan on my service which I pay $7.99 a month for.  Just called Direct TV

with a problem with buffering and picture pixeling.  They had me do a self test but it showed nothing.  I want a service man to come out here to see what is wrong. Been with Cox for years

and never had that problem.  They want me to crawl behind the TV to see if the cables are secure.  What they -  - -- -  am I paying for if I have to do all the work?  Doesn't this plan pay for service techs to come out to investigate the problems. I don't believe the problem is with lose cables. It seems like dish problems or DVR problems.  Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 11
Scholar

Re: Protection Plan

Good question.  What are the rules ?

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-14-2016 10:53 AM

Yes, your protection plan covers on-site service visits.  Of course, before dispatching a service tech, they want you to rule out any easy/obvious issues.   Just play along.  If their suggestions don't solve the problem, then insist on a service call.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

I contractged a bundle with ATT internet and DIRECTV for $90. I asked several times if there where no hidden charges and didn't approve any additional ones. However in my second bill now I have a charge of 97.99, the difference is the DTV Protection Plan, which I didn't asked for. My question is to the experts out there - Is this plan automatic for everyone? I guess if it is they should mention it at the sales call, especially if you asked for any extra charges and they say no. I want to cancelled this charge and asked for a refund. Do I have any chance of success?

Message 4 of 11
ACE - Expert

No it is optional, you need to call/chat to see if they will refund it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

@Believer62, no, the Equipment Protection Plan should not be automatically applied.  Certainly call DirecTV and request that it be removed.   1 800 DIRECTV

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

It was automatically applied on my account -- That is fraud; especially since there is no option to opt out of it on the 'edit plan' page and nothing is mention in any of the contract information.

Also, I've called to request support for chronic signal loss and the tech automatically said 'if the problem is in your house, you will be charged for the service call'. You mean to tell me that the tech...who had asked for tons of information...wasn't aware that I was paying for this protection plan?

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Tutor

like others, i have been paing $7.99/month for the 4 years i have enjoyed Direct TV.  Never had to use it.  If I ever had to pay for a service call -- ($7.99 x 48=) I have already paid for more than my share of service calls.  What exactly can go wrong that I would need a service call?....that I could not fix myself? (I'm a techie).

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Expert

The protection plan covers shipping of replacment receivers($20) service calls ($50) and replacement remotes (around $15).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

DirecTV Protection Plan login trouble

Every time I try to register or manage devices and click on the link, I get the following message, There was trouble processing your request. Please try again by clicking the button below or call *** to speak with us.  I have tried 3 different browsers as well as clearing cookies, cache etc and tried 2 different computers, all with the same result, anyone else experiencing this?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

Re: DirecTV Protection Plan login trouble

@go49ers1

I take it you are trying to access the Solutions Hub for the Protection Plan Premier.  Are you joint billed with ATT?  You may need to call in to Premier to get your account cleared up so you can access the site.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support