Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Problems with guide info for BeIN Sports

Tutor

Problems with guide info for BeIN Sports

Seem to have a lot of inaccuracies on the guide info for beIN Sports.  If I go to the guide on the beIN site, I see a Barcelona/Getafe match at 10:55AM Pacific (1:55PM Eastern).  LiveSoccerTV shows the same info.  But my online guide doesn't show this match.  It's indicates a show called, "Football's Greatest Managers" at 11AM Pacific.  :-/

beIN website guide:  http://www.beinsport.tv/grid.html

LiveSoccerTV:  http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/spain/barcelona/

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Problems with guide info for BeIN Sports

It's all up to the BeIN network to provide accurate Guide Data to Tribune News Services. They're the company that provides this information for DirecTV, Tivo and many other service providers.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

While it is true the BeIN network should provide accurate information to DirecTV, there is clearly something wrong here, somewhere. 

The DirecTV guide is full of inaccuracies, mostly days in advance. This certainly complicates recording any programs in advance.  Since this channel aired, I have also been using the LiveSoccerTV and BeIN guides to get accurate programming information. When programming my DVR, I simply ignore the DirecTV information and record whatever programs are showing around the times listed by the BeIN guide.

I am not 100% sure of this, but it appears that updates are being sent to the DirecTV guide closer to the air date, so the 'day of' scheduling seems more accurate.

It is in DirecTV's best interest to make sure it receives accurate programming information from BeIN. This reflects poorly on DirecTV and BeIN, but mostly DirecTV.

I called DirecTV to report this and they are supposedly looking into it.

I sent an email to Customer Support describing the issue, but haven't heard back.

I sent an email to BeIN reporting the issue (info@beinsport.tv)

I thought I'd post this issue in this forum, and add my 2 cents to any existing threads, like this one.

Message 3 of 7
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by daumas77 

It is in DirecTV's best interest to make sure it receives accurate programming information from BeIN. This reflects poorly on DirecTV and BeIN, but mostly DirecTV.

How is DirecTV suppose to know what BeIN is planing to air????

It is BeIN's job to provide accurate information to Tribune Services which is the company that DirecTV uses to source the guide data.

Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Quote: Originally Posted by daumas77 
I sent an email to BeIN reporting the issue (info@beinsport.tv)

Thanks.  I sent an email to BeIN also.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Quote: Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

How is DirecTV suppose to know what BeIN is planing to air????

It is BeIN's job to provide accurate information to Tribune Services which is the company that DirecTV uses to source the guide data.

I think the folks on this forum would agree with you.  Unfortunately, they probably represent less than 1% of DirecTV users.  The average person, says:  Bad guide info = DirecTV's fault.  Also, DirecTV should be having conversations with BeIN about issues like this.  Isn't there something in their contract about timely and accurate guide info???

Message 6 of 7
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by there 

Unfortunately, they probably represent less than 1% of DirecTV users.  The average person, says:  Bad guide info = DirecTV's fault. 

Regardless of whatever you think, facts are facts.  You can either accept the facts and try to work with that, or try to approach the problem from where there is none.  your choice!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support