Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Problem with sound on Channel 36 (Fox 4) in the Fort Myers FL area

Contributor

Problem with sound on Channel 36 (Fox 4) in the Fort Myers FL area

The audio on Channel 36 ( Fox 4) broadcasts in the Fort Myers/SW Florida area has been cutting in and out for several days on both of my tv sets.  This is the only channel that is having an issue.  Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a problem with Directv or is it coming from the Fox broadcaster here?  Fox News Network is not experiencing the problem.

Message 1 of 11
Tutor

Re: Problem with sound on Channel 36 (Fox 4) in the Fort Myers FL area

Same issue, going on since last weekend,  fox 4, I refuse to watch any show, its irritating.

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

Be sure to contact that station to ensure they're aware of the issue with their broadcast. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Tutor

Just did, amazing that people just think that's a normal sound, but we are used to storms, not a cloude in the sky.

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

Rebooted receiver, all other local channels work, it's a digital sound problem, like when it's a stormy day.

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

@Lehigh wrote:

Just did, amazing that people just think that's a normal sound, but we are used to storms, not a cloude in the sky.

It probably has nothing to do with your DirecTV equipment.  Most likely an issue with that station's broadcast, or their link to DirecTV.  That's why it's important to notify the local station rather than rely on DirecTV to do that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 11
Tutor

Notified as best I can on contact us, but probably just another tech that decided the job is not for them, meanwhile I'll just ignore the channel and pick up the phone this time when persistently getting calls from Nelson ratings.

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

Contacted station, they are not aware of situation, no complaints, other than the one I found for this thread.

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Expert

@Lehigh wrote:

Contacted station, they are not aware of situation, no complaints, other than the one I found for this thread.

Do you have a nearby friend/neighbor with DirecTV service?  Do they also have this issue?

Do you have a nearby friend/neighbor using a different service, or off-air antenna, to receive this station? Do they have this issue?

Message 9 of 11
Tutor

Said it was a possibly a Directv issue, I rebooted box, all my other local channels are fine, all other channels are fine, just wftx 36

Message 10 of 11
Tutor

It's it's too late to call a friend w/Directv on this issue, I will try my digital rabbit ears in the morning and make some calls to them also, have no problem just ignoring the channel at this point.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support