Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Price Increases

Teacher

Price Increases

Great decision to raise prices now!?!  Can’t even get local channels like NBC let alone special packages leaving out PAC 12 in sports or anything else. Paying for 600+ channels that u don’t watch just to get a few channels you do want. Especially now when there are so many different options today... HULU, Ruko, Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple TV, etc...where u can pay to watch the actual shows you want to watch. Seems like the wrong direction to be heading down to me in the long run. 

Message 1 of 34
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DirectTV4
‎12-15-2018 8:00 AM

Re: Price increases

If a price adjustment happens for 2019, historically the information for it comes out later this month and doesn't take affect until February. Haven't seen any announcement yet. So if you see a difference on your bill, compare it to the previous one. Most likely you had discounts complete.

Check www.directv.com/locals to see which ones DirecTV has available for you. On the other hand, if you get NBC through the local affiliate KSL then that is channel negotiations and the channel will be back when KSL allows it: http://promise.directv.com/keeping-you-connected-to-your-local-stations/

DirecTV has never had the PAC-12 network. That network wants RSN status so people pay for it regardless if they watch it or not. The channel doesn't own all the Pac-12 games anyway with selling them off to other channels: http://promise.directv.com/pac-12-update/

Traditional TV providers are for providing a variety of channels. The streaming providers you mention get access to specific content (usually after the main TV providers had them) and not any specific channel. They are also dependent on your internet service to carry them. Not everybody has good enough internet, if at all, to support a streaming service. So satellite TV and streaming are for different market of customers, though some might compliment their DirecTV with a streaming service depending on their household.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 34
Scholar

Message 3 of 34
ACE - Expert

Announcement came out 12/17/2018: www.att.com/2019pricing

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 34
ACE - Master

and every provider will raise prices.  its that time of the year

they have to offset the increase the channels wanted to keep being carried

you need to direct your anger at those channels

did you know ESPN alone costs you @ $10 a month?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 5 of 34
ACE - Expert

@mdram4x4 wrote:

and every provider will raise prices.  its that time of the year

they have to offset the increase the channels wanted to keep being carried

you need to direct your anger at those channels

@did you know ESPN alone costs you @ $10 a month?

Yep the $10 difference between Select and Entertainment gets you ESPN, ESPN2, Pursuit, and Fox Sports 1 (FS1).

Message 6 of 34
Teacher

Hey ATT - might want to fix the problems before you ask for more money. Rediculous!

Message 7 of 34
ACE - Expert

@Llilith wrote:

Hey ATT - might want to fix the problems before you ask for more money. Rediculous!

Doesn't work that way. Channels demand to be paid more which results in TV providers having to pass on some of the cost to us. Having problems or perfect service doesn't change this.

I agree that there is much work for them to do. Unfortunately it doesn't stop the price adjustment from channel owners increasing their costs.

Message 8 of 34

I know the feeling I was promised a rate that was suppose to stay in affect for ONE YEAR. Well that didn't happen. Thinking of switching back to DISH.

Message 9 of 34
Mentor

They need better negotiating skills then ,ATT is the one who sets up these packages ,that include a bunch of crap ,most people are interested in ,they load up the crap and make it part of the next level package ,not only this but their TV service has  numerous known issue,but they still sell and install it , then blame everything under the sun ,for it

Message 10 of 34
Mentor

One word "SCANDALOUS" .... Good Luck 

Message 11 of 34
ACE - Master

@glenno60 wrote:

They need better negotiating skills then ,ATT is the one who sets up these packages ,that include a bunch of crap ,most people are interested in ,they load up the crap and make it part of the next level package ,not only this but their TV service has  numerous known issue,but they still sell and install it , then blame everything under the sun ,for it

actually companies that own multiple stations are to blame

they say this is what i want, or you dont get the stations

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 12 of 34
Mentor

They still need  better negotiating skills ,can't deny that  

Message 13 of 34
ACE - Master

they do, but when they hold out, and a station is removed, people yell and complain

Message 14 of 34

VERY TRUE. THEY TELL YOU ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER. I WILL BE GOING BACK TO
DISH
Message 15 of 34
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support