Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

This is beyond frustrating and must stop. Today across the bottom of my TV a message explained how DirectTV may lose ABC, ESPN, Disney, Freeform and others. It is crazy that us customers may possibly lose channels we watch daily. We just went through this 2 months ago with CBS and other channels we watch. DirectTV needs to do something to make this stop before losing the channels or we will be forced to take our business elsewhere where the company fights for their customers. Ridiculous!!

Message 4 of 353
Tutor

Espn, ABC Channels Really Contract Negotations again really.

I hope you all get a deal done with espn because I've been hearing end of September you all may cut them off we just got NBC back and Fox Now were going to be another two months with out espn comm'on man really how about you all get that deal done before you go cutting off the channels again because we would be with out ABC or Espn I would be very upset if that happens because you can not pick up espn on antenna and I would be missing some dang football. Get your acts together. Just thought I would start complaining earlier so maybe you all would get a deal done.

Message 31 of 353
Scholar

Re: ABC Channel dispute

ESPN, ABC, and other Disney-owned channels could be pulled from DirecTV, U-Verse, and other AT&T platforms as early as Friday night

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-abc-and-other-disney-owned-channels-could-be-pulled-from-direc...

Message 32 of 353
ACE - Expert

Re: No ABC/ESPN? Bye!

No TV provider is immune from negotiations or the channel owner choosing to pull the feed.

It is always hoped a new agreement is reached before the current one ends, or that the channel owner leaves the feed alone as a sign of good faith. Only the channel owner can decide the pull the feed or not as they have the broadcast rights.

This is simply DirecTV's time for carriage negotiations. ESPN will get to each provider when their agreement comes up in turn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 353
Tutor

So I have a contract that says I will receive a 300 channel package. If all of the channels listed in your "USA Today notice" become unavailable you will be in breech of contract unless some other accommodations are made such as lower the price per month or adding comparable channels. Your answer is to switch to Direct TV but I cannot use Direct TV in my location. You need to offer a buyout for U-verse if you do not want customers to use it. This is a whole bunch of crap! ***** I certainly will be looking for other alternatives in my area and you will be losing my AT&T mobile business, internet business and telephone business. That amounts to over $330 a month or just less than $4000 per year. Great business model! 

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Message 34 of 353
Tutor

I will cancel service if ESPN is no longer available

According to the news, there is the possibility of ESPN and ABC not being available on AT&T after this Friday or at the end of the month. If this happens, I will cancel my service.

Message 35 of 353
Contributor

Re: Programming Issues

Fix the issues for the customer. The only control the customer has is to move on to another provider. I’m tired of your lies, both parties are responsible for this mess. If you don’t block any warnings, why are warnings not being blocked by other station providers?
Message 36 of 353
Mentor

There were warnings on ESPN Monday night football and warnings again last night on ABC.

Message 37 of 353
ACE - Master

@Unhappy1977 wrote:

With as much money as you charge the customer, one would think you would treat the customer much better than you do. 

Just wanted to point out the irony that you're complaining about AT&T not giving a station more money while also complaining about AT&T's high prices. Getting more channels for less money is never going to happen with any TV provider.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 38 of 353
ACE - Master

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s another thing all together to sell packages with contracts when it is your plan to dump channels and intentionally cause service disruptions.

So your theory is that it's AT&T's plan to randomly pick channels, have the providers pull their channels for a few weeks, and then pay the providers to put them back on again? For what? So they can all sit in the boardroom giggling as they read complaints on this forum? How does intentionally causing service disruptions benefit AT&T?

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Message 39 of 353
ACE - Master

@Unhappy1977 wrote:
I’ve seen proof that you’re blocking warnings. Why would the stations block their own warnings? This is just as much Directv’s fault in these issues. I’m not for a moment believing what you tell me. Quit sticking up for Directv and stick up for your customers.

im sticking up for my wallet

the only way to get a better price is to stick to your guns

i would prefer ala carte, but that will never happen

bundling should also never happen

you should back whatever provider you go with.

note: this is a record year for disputes, everywhere, and its not going to get better.  stations want more money

providers want to keep cost down to keep customers

would you be willing to pay any cost increase for those of use that dont want one?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 40 of 353
ACE - Master

@jelswor1 wrote:

So I have a contract that says I will receive a 300 channel package.

No, you don't. You have an agreement that says "Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time."

Message 41 of 353
ACE - Master

https://www.techhive.com/article/3438316/dont-blame-att-and-directv-if-espn-gets-blacked-out.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 42 of 353
Tutor

I agree!  If these channels go away, I will too!  To offset highers costs, drop dozens of useless channels that no one watches.

Message 43 of 353
ACE - Master

@Titanrick wrote:

I agree!  If these channels go away, I will too!  To offset highers costs, drop dozens of useless channels that no one watches.

as nice as that sound those useless channels are usually forced on the provider via a bundle form the channel owners

or in the case of shopping channels, they pay to be carried

Message 44 of 353
Anonymous
Not applicable

So your theory is that it's AT&T's plan to randomly pick channels, have the providers pull their channels for a few weeks, and then pay the providers to put them back on again? For what? So they can all sit in the boardroom giggling as they read complaints on this forum? How does intentionally causing service disruptions benefit AT&T?“

I don't know. Why don’t you ask them. That’s what they’ve been doing. Besides their pathetic CEO has pretty much said as much:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-expects-to-lose-over-1-million-tv-subscribers-more-have-blackout...

Message 45 of 353
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support