Helpful Links

Picture-In-Picture

Contributor

Picture-In-Picture

Does the HDReceiver, HR21, support PIP?  My tv has it and I can only get the same station on the large screen and on the PIP screen.  IF the HR21 does support it, do I need more than just the HDMI cable?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Picture-In-Picture

the HR21 does not have PIP internally like the Genie does.  and is not that the HR22 does not support PIP, is that you need two receivers in order to use PIP on your TV.  but note that some TV do not have PIP using two HDMI inputs.  most TVs will let you do PIP using an external input plus the TV built in OTA signal

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

So all I gotta do for PIP if I'm using HDMI cable for connection is get another box, plug in the other HDMI port and I will be able to use the picture and picture feature? Which box is the main box and is that the other boxes sole purpose? Is it still usable just as aNY other top box? It sounds confusing but hopefully when I give it a go it all falls into place. Or else I'll be writing a a very stern letter to the top brass.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

PiP is only available with the 2nd and 3rd generation Genie (HR44 or HR54) and is not a feature of the Genie-2 (HS17) that just launched.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support