Explore & discover

Helpful Links

OnDemand not working

Tutor

OnDemand not working

Hi, I just switched to Directv (had I checked this forum before, I might not have) and On Demand is not working -- have called DTV 3 times and all they can say is that they know it is not working and dont know when it will be back. Looking at this forum, I see many suggestions on things to try myself, is there a central list? Or can someone send me the top-10 (I dont have much faith that 1 will do it)?

Thanks.

I have the genie 44-500 and have Verizon FiOS for internet. I can get to internet apps.

Thanks

Message 1 of 33
ACE - Expert

Re: On Demand not working

It can take a couple of days for OnDemand to become operative on a new system.  How long has your Genie been connected to the internet?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 33
Tutor

It has been connected since last wednesday so 5 days

Message 3 of 33
ACE - Expert

If you run a System Test or Network Setup on the HR44, does it show "Internet Connected"?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 33
Tutor

Yes it does

Message 5 of 33
ACE - Expert

So what exactly happens when you try to record/download an OnDemand show/movie?

Message 6 of 33
Tutor

When I try to bring up an OnDemand channel from guide or from Search/Browse, I just get the "Channel 1xyz is not currently available" screen. In other words, I cannot even get to a list of shows/movies onDemand

Message 7 of 33
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by samirr
‎05-31-2016 9:22 AM

Try this ....

Do a Keyword Search for CLEARMYBOX

This will reset your DVR and force it to rebuild its Guide Data.  See if that helps after a day or so.  

Also, see the tips here ....

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1009938

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 33
Tutor

Will try that and report back -- as far as the linked article, the only thing it adds is to do an online refresh -- is that worth doing?

Thanks

Message 9 of 33
ACE - Expert

Yes ....

www.directv.com/resend

Message 10 of 33
Tutor

Hi, it took about a day after I used the CLEARMYBOX suggestion -- all seems to be working now. Thank you very much

Message 11 of 33
Mentor

Where does one search for "clearmybox"?  

Message 12 of 33
ACE - Expert

@genedirectv,

In the DVR's Search menu, do a Keyword Search for CLEARMYBOX

Message 13 of 33
Former Employee

Just to clearify, if you just switch to DIRECTV, OnDemand does not currently becoem avaialbe on your STB until 24 hours of the time it was connected to the internet.

However, Movies and Shows only need 1 hour to download content after initial internet connection was established.

Message 14 of 33
Teacher

I've been calling Directv since January 2016 and On Demand NEVER works! Every time I speak to directv they blame the Internet service but I've had that checked out and it's directv. They don't care if it works or not.

Message 15 of 33
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support