06-26-2018 7:14 AM
For 2 days “nothing available at this time check back later” this is for every on demand option this happens often and when it is working it will periodically just stop this is unacceptable you offer a service and advertise it but cannot provide it. I have reset my router twice and it has not solved the issue. This is longest it’s consistently not worked
Solved by: Go to Solution.
06-25-2019 6:30 PM
On Demand uses the internet so the router/gateway is one of the problems as their anti virus/firewall blocks it or the proper ports are not open.
06-25-2019 7:29 PM
My internet connection works fine. It says it’s connected and the apps load up. I’ve tried everything from multiple x2 resets and a hardwire coax internet connection.
07-10-2019 1:12 PM
This issue is not SOLVED. It is July 2019 and I've been having this issue since February of 2018. No one at AT&T know a darn thing but I am paying for the service and not receiving the whole package that I pay for. What is going on?????????????
07-10-2019 2:19 PM
I’ve made it to the top of the food chain for tech support...Last chance repairs. They are the most knowledgeable and are aware of the problem for the select few of us lol. I’m definitely not optimistic this is going to be fixed anytime soon. I’ve been given credits that cover my next bill. If it’s not working by then I will be moving on. They have agreed to waive my ETF fee, as I’m still a new customer and it hasn’t worked since day one.
07-10-2019 5:47 PM
Please keep posting as you seem to be the only one of thousands of other customers having the same problem with a possible solution at hand. While the techs (phone techs) are courteous and appear concerned, nothing is being done. As a high tech engineer veteran (over 50 years) I have never seen such incompetence in my entire work or personal experience. I would think that an onsite visit connecting to the GENIE box would yield a solution. I am going on four weeks and if it was not for my Amazon Prime account, I would not have any access to any on-demand content at all.
Again please keep us all posted on what happens.
07-10-2019 6:54 PM
I will certainly keep everyone posted. Though, like I mentioned, there doesn’t seem to be much confidence in a solution. After replacing my main genie three times they had me perform certain tests and the results were forwarded to the engineers. They definitely believe it’s a software issue but don’t understand why it only affects a few customers. At this point my case is closed and it’s a waiting game.
I had Directv approximately five years ago, for quite a long time, and never had a problem. My neighbor currently has DIRECTV and it works perfectly fine at his house. I only switched from Comcast ( Xfinity), which I thoroughly enjoyed, for New York sports teams. The X1 interface and technology is quite better Comcast has Philadelphia stations in my area. I’m currently considering Fubotv. Anyone familiar with this streaming service?
07-29-2019 5:20 AM
I have followed all of your suggestions and it's still not working. You want to send a technician to my house and charged me $100 when it is clearly a "NETWORK ISSUE". First off, I've been a Network Engineer for over 20 years, for one of the big cable companies, and have work on this very same issue. It is NOT an issue with the equipment or set up in my home. I'm connected to the internet, my router doesn't have any ports blocked and has no firewall turned on. All ports and protocols are open. My set top box, Genie, is not able to connect to the VOD, video on demand, server(s). Please fix this issue.
07-29-2019 5:49 AM
07-29-2019 8:09 AM
Well, members of this forum and I hope some AT&T/DirecTV monitors, I have some good news to report. My on-demand is now working and so is the rewind feature.
What fixed the problem you may ask? AT&T after 6 weeks finally sent me a new Genie server which after installation solved all the problems. It did take a full 24 hours to refresh on-demand content before I could declare victory over this 6-week long debacle. The debacle is actually a kind word to describe what actually transpired.
Physically replacing the Genie Server is the only solution that works
About 6 weeks ago all of my on-demand services failed to work at all. I called AT&T/DirecTV support to get the problem fixed not once, but at least 15 times. Over those 6 weeks, I was subjected to every bad experience documented in this forum which included the following:
1. I was connected to tech support in the Philippines to courteous but ill-equipped techs that had no clue on how to solve my problems. The language issue was also a problem. On all subsequent calls, I politely requested and was granted transfer to North America operations.
2. I was instructed several times to try the double reset of the server. That is to push red-button on Genie Server and when programming returns push the button again and the wait 24 hours for the problem to be fixed. I did this over ten times with no success.
3. AT&T then advised me to do the "ClearMyBox" app and wait 24 hours. That was tried 5 or 6 times.
4. I paid to have a CAT6 cable installed to eliminate the WiFi as the problem. No help.
5. Had Century Link test and bless my router and Internet connection. No help.
6. Tried connecting to my cell phone "hot spot". No help.
7. Had Century Link test and bless my DSL and connections. No help.
8. Was told by Tech support more than once that on-demand was a free service with no guarantee it would work.
9. I was told that my problem was being escalated and that all the work that would be done to solve on-demand problems was being assigned to the AT&T IT department and that it would take up to 5 weeks to resolve. I was told to no-one in the field was qualified or trained or authorized, to troubleshoot and fix Genie problems.
10. I was supposed to receive email updates on their progress which never happened.
11. On one call I requested to speak to a supervisor who promised a callback and replacement to be sent if the next double reset failed to work. I never heard from the guy and according to AT&T call logs, there was no mention of this even occurring.
12. Finally, I was connected to a person that took action and arranged for a replacement to be sent. She even gave me a special number with a pin for further communications.
13. I received Email saying that Genie was on the way and I was being rewarded with a $19.95 bill for shipping charges.
14. It arrived as expected and I began the installation. This was not easy as it deleted ALL OF MY RECORDED PROGRAMS. The instructions were not accurate and I had to set up each of three minis within a few feet of Genie Server.
15. After assuring everything was working correctly, I called the special phone number to close the ticket and to request a credit on shipping charges and on services not provided. I did not mention all the time an aggravation I endured to solve this problem. I was denied any credits and then basically laughed at for suggesting such a thing because on-demand was free and not revenue-producing. AT&T advertises how good on-demand is, but does not seem to understand that without on-demand I would never even consider DirecTV as a product worth paying for.
SUMMARY: The solution to this problem took much too much time to resolve and required way too much effort on my part. When I buy an expensive product such as DirecTV, it is expected that 100% of all features work 100% of the time. There are some exceptions such as weather, war or non-AT&T problems that are understandable, but his chain of events defies all laws of reason and is totally unacceptable.
I want to make clear that all of the techs I talked to were courteous and seemingly concerned with my level of satisfaction, but for some unknown reason unable or unwilling to fix my problem in a reasonable amount of time. If AT&T really cares about customer satisfaction, they need to clear this up so others (like everyone on this forum), be treated better.
07-29-2019 9:53 AM