Explore & discover

Helpful Links

On demand not working

Contributor

On demand not working

For 2 days “nothing available at this time check back later” this is for every on demand option this happens often and when it is working it will periodically just stop this is unacceptable you offer a service and advertise it but cannot provide it. I have reset my router twice and it has not solved the issue. This is longest it’s consistently not worked 

Message 1 of 85
Contributor

Re: On demand not working

Getting real tired of the on demand/ connecting to the internet issues! It should not be this time consuming or difficult EVERY time i want to watch something on demand! I try to reconnect and it only actually works maybe 1% of the time. The rest of the time i have to bite the bullet and not watch what i wanted to watch! Its getting old real fast! 

Message 76 of 85

I use the app cuz more shows seem to be available but then it says show not available or record instead of watch this is so annoying NEVER had issues with Comcast I’m considering going back this is cheaper but it’s sh*tier sorryBD72BED5-F497-4F8C-9430-6882D1813774.jpeg

26089834-595C-4517-95EC-0D70AA5EA823.jpeg

All these are teases none work

Message 77 of 85
Contributor

Re: Exec phone

On demand doesn't work we just signed up not happy

Message 78 of 85
Tutor

I'm having this problem and have rebooted the box, I have AT&T broadband - nothing has changed since it was working perfectly fine three weeks ago.  

Message 79 of 85
Tutor

That's what they said to me, too.  That on demand was a free feature of my paid service.  I guess cooking food is a free service when I buy food at a restaurant.  

Message 80 of 85
Contributor

I too am having the same problem and getting the same results from support.  You said that rewind fixed your problems, but I cannot locate any mention or choice to rewind.  Can you please give us some details on how you did it.  Three weeks so far.

Message 81 of 85

My problem is not fixed
Message 82 of 85
Tutor

I only meant rewind if you had the last episode recorded. It's fixed now -
here's what happened. After another call to AT&T (why does every call take
more than a half hour?) A rep finally admitted it was a software issue and
they were working on it. After asking for a credit since the on demand
hadn't worked for a month, she (rudely) said on demand is a free service.
About a week later, I tried a movie. It worked. A this time we were
catching up on Game of Thrones, so I hadn't tried anything else. So for a
couple more weeks, on demand worked for movies and regular TV shows, just
not premium. Now it all works. Unless it's raining Smiley Sad. Looking into
Comcast.
Message 83 of 85
Teacher

They know about the problem.  What I would like to know is why so many people are still affected.

Message 84 of 85
Contributor

I'm still having problems. No On Demand or playback for a month or so now. Had a long chat with tech support and he acted as of it was all new news to him. Ha! They wanted to send someone out at my cost. I said 'no way'. I work in the tech field and know that this is not a hardware issue. Resetting has not fixed it. They have no answers. 

And just trying to get a tech on the phone is an experience itself! Good grief. They advertise On Demand and playback. Whether it's 'free' or not is a moot point. I'm giving it another week and if still not fixed I'm going to get some $$ off my bill until they fix it.

Message 85 of 85
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support