Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No local stations

Contributor

No local stations

After a power surge we are unable to view any local stations.  They are listed and shown on the guide, but when you select one of them, there is a blank screen.  All other stations on Directv are coming across.  Any suggestions as to what this is or how to fix it?

Message 1 of 8
Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎08-11-2016 5:12 PM

Re: No local stations

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

This helped!  Thanks!

Message 3 of 8

I have reset my receiver and I still have no local stations. Any idea how to fix this or do I not get local stations with my service.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

There seems to be a dispute between WLIO out of Lima Ohio and Directv so they have taken all the channels off the air. I want re-embursed and we are thinking of leaving Directv. we have had no local stations since Friday. 

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Leipsic wrote:

There seems to be a dispute between WLIO out of Lima Ohio and Directv so they have taken all the channels off the air. I want re-embursed and we are thinking of leaving Directv. we have had no local stations since Friday. 

Yeah, search the forum. Lots of post about this. Realized that switching providers is just a short term fix. All TV providers get nailed with contract disputes as greedy station owner corporations demand more and more money to make up for declining advertising revenues. This time it just happens to be DirecTV's turn. Contact the corporation that owns your local station and ask them to let DirecTV provide their signal again, and why providers like Dish, DirecTV, Comcast should pay anything extra when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

Only the station that is having the dispute removed their feed to DTV all others should be working unless they are also in dispute.

DTV doesn't give refunds for a station removing their feed, they may offer a credit if you call them.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Leipsic 

Since a new agreement was not reached when their current one ended your local affiliate denied the feed to DirecTV, as is the local's right. This is the owner of your local affiliates tactic to use customers as leverage to increase costs. If DirecTV's costs go up, then that can expect to raise our bills in the end.

There is nothing to reimburse as all TV providers have in their terms that programming/channels are subject to change at any time. They don't own the channels after all so there is no guarantee of any specific channel always being available. As for your thinking of leaving DirecTV, keep in mind this situation ends up affecting all TV providers. None of them own the channels so they cannot force them to keep providing the feed. They all go through this on various channels. This is just the time for DirecTV and that particular local owner.

Since locals are provided free over-the-air (OTA), I say plug in a antenna and get them as normal. The local cannot deny the free feed unless they completely shut down. You may also get more locals in range then DirecTV has, or perhaps from a nearby market that DirecTV wouldn't be allowed anyway. Most people go to pay TV for the national channels they cannot get otherwise.

Fortunately DirecTV is coming out with a local channel connector (LCC) to plug your antenna into your HDDVR. This way you still get the free broadcast as a backup when locals pull this trick, don't have to change TV inputs, and can still record which includes any locals your antenna picks up that DirecTV doesn't have. Currently in testing in the Las Vegas and Salt Lake City markets, so hoping it will not be much longer for national launch or at least expanding the test markets.

Also check threads before posting in case your situation is already answered, or in this case the posts are very old (last one before yours was about a year ago) and unrelated (all prior posts were for technical issues).

To keep an eye on any updates about the negotiations: https://tvpromise.att.com/ (formally www.directvpromise.com )

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support