Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No Signal

Contributor

No Signal

I'm unable to get tv in my bedroom.  It says "no signal".  What do I need to do?

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Moderator (Moderator)
Accepted by Phil-101
‎06-26-2018 8:15 PM

Re: No Signal

Usually this means that the TV is set to wrong video input for your DirecTV box, or your DirecTV box is off.  

If that's not your issue, post back with more info ...

What model DVR/Receiver?

How exactly is it connected to your TV?

What troubleshooting have you tried?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 20
Contributor

Thank you!!! It was the wrong input.. thank you!!!
Message 3 of 20
ACE - Expert

Glad to help. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 20
Contributor

On Monday I had the Geni installed and 4 mini Geni (yes I know they can't be watched at the same time). I still have the Netflicks box. How do I access my netflicks?

Shirley Lowe

Type  
 Upgrade  
 Activity Number  

Appt. Start Date  
 07/09/2018 3:31:00 PM  
 Technician ID  
 DVGA920328
Message 5 of 20
ACE - Master

should be the same way you did before

directv an netflix have nothing to do with one another

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might need to change INPUT on your TV, like from HDMI1 to HDMI2 depending on how your services are physically connected to your TV.

Message 7 of 20
Contributor

no signal

Message 8 of 20
ACE - Expert

@rogeqaxu wrote:

no signal

Please review the rest of this thread and try the troubleshooting mentioned.  If that doesn't work, then post back with more details about your equipment, exact symptoms, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. 

Message 9 of 20
Tutor

I was watching tv yesterday and all of a sudden, it rebooted. Everything was fine for a while then it did it 3 more times last night and finally stopped working. I've reset it multiple times. Unplugged all the cables and plugged them back in again. Hit the TV Input button on the remote and nothing is working. Still says no signal. A few times I got the blue screen but then it flashed and went dark again. I can hear the box running and I've never heard that before. Any ideas?? 

Message 10 of 20
ACE - Master

is it a sat no signal or a tv no signal?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 11 of 20
Tutor

I believe I believe it's the box. The dish works both the living room and the bedroom. The living room works but the bedroom doesn't. 

Message 12 of 20
ACE - Master

can you post a pic?

Message 13 of 20
Tutor

Not sure what you want a picture of? 

Message 14 of 20
Tutor

IMG_5567.JPGIMG_5569.JPGIMG_5570.JPG

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support