Network connection not working

Tutor

Network connection not working

My home wifi changed, so I had to connect a new network to my receiver. Now OnDemand isn't working. When I try to download a show, it tells me the network isn't properly connected and when I run diagnostics, it looks for a phone line. I don't have a phone line, just an internet connection. OnDemand worked before my wifi network changed.

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Network connection not working

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU SETTINGS & HELP SETTINGS NETWORK SET UP RESTORE DEFAULTS CONNECT NOW GET CONNECTED WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support