Explore & discover

Helpful Links

My shows are disappearing!!!!

My shows are disappearing!!!!

I have a genie system and the main one kerps deleting shows from my play list. Very frustrating! I have to unplug the cord from the back of the tv and have it re boot that way to get them to reappear. I thought it was just due to the change in the menu, but it keeps happening! How do I fix this????? And these boxes are less than a year old so it’s not that. 

And the remotes keep freezing!!! I have to turn the tv off and on to get them to work again, at least once a week. What’s up with that??? 

Everything was fine before ATT took over. Please fix! I’m starting to hate directv!!!

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎08-14-2018 11:38 AM

Re: My shows are disappearing!!!!

It's a bug in the latest Genie software.  Should be fixed in next update.  In the mean time, you can find those "missing" recordings in the Genie's History menu.  Resetting will sometimes bring them back, for a while, but they'll randomly disappear again.  It's super annoying, but at least the recordings are still there. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10

Ok...... what about the remotes that randomly stop working? This happens about once a week
Message 3 of 10
Contributor

My mom is also having issues with shows disappearing and showing up on the wireless receiver in another room. She even got a new main box and is still having issues. It just started last month.

Message 4 of 10

They need to fix this!!! It’s ridiculous to have this problem. The only way I can get around it is by unplugging the main cord in the box while it’s on, and then waiting 5/10 min for it to reboot. And this only lasts for a couple days. There is no other way to get to my shows unless I go in the other room, start the show, pause it, and then it will appear in “continue watching”. They need to fix this ASAP!!
Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

@VanessaKayla wrote:
They need to fix this!!! It’s ridiculous to have this problem. The only way I can get around it is by unplugging the main cord in the box while it’s on, and then waiting 5/10 min for it to reboot. And this only lasts for a couple days. There is no other way to get to my shows unless I go in the other room, start the show, pause it, and then it will appear in “continue watching”. They need to fix this ASAP!!

It will be fixed, eventually.  But there is another work around ... those "missing" recordings are still available via the Genie's History Menu.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10

How do I get to the genies “History Menu”?
Message 7 of 10
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎11-08-2019 11:07 AM

quote "

How do I get to the genies “History Menu”?" "

First you can try just pushing list and then press 0 to resort the guide. See if they appear then. If not you can arrow left and go to and select manage recordings. Then look for recording history.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

No they are not available in History. They show up there as deleted, no way to play them. They are deleted. I'm having the same problem. 

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Kearnhardt wrote:

No they are not available in History. They show up there as deleted, no way to play them. They are deleted. I'm having the same problem. 

If they show up as "Deleted", then they somehow got deleted. That's not what this thread is about.  This thread refers to known bug where the recordings are missing, but not actually deleted. 

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support