Missing SD Channels

Missing SD Channels

Hello -

I've noticed that the HD channels are more sensitive to weather interference than the SD channels.  So, when there is interference on an HD channel, I switch to the SD channel and it often works.  However, recently the SD channels have disappeared from the guide.  I go into settings, and select the option so the guide will show both HD and SD channels, but almost no SD channels show up.  If I select the option to just show SD channels, I get the same thing.  It is as though my receiver does not receive the SD channels at all.  Is there way to fix this?

TIA

Message 1 of 12 (768 Views)
Employee

Re: Missing SD Channels

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 12 (271 Views)

This one is an HR24-200.

Message 3 of 12 (271 Views)
Employee

Go to the MENU -> DISPLAY SETTINGS and make sure "show SD duplicates" is selected

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 12 (271 Views)

Thanks.  It is.  It's set to 'Show All Channels.'  But, no duplicates show.

Message 5 of 12 (271 Views)

It sounds like your satellite dish is not in good enough alignment to pickup the non hi def channels.

Message 6 of 12 (271 Views)
ACE - Master

What's your zip code?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 12 (271 Views)

Message 8 of 12 (271 Views)
Employee

That would be almost impossible. If the OP is getting HD channels then the SD would be there

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 12 (271 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
‎10-11-2013 5:21 PM

If the SD channels are not in the guide, this is NOTHING to do with signal strength or alignment. You will see the channels in the guide even if there is no signal at all.

To the OP, have you set your guide to "all channels", sounds like you might have a custom guide displayed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 12 (271 Views)

This is the answer.  Thank you!  I selected a custom guide and did not check the SD channels.

Thanks again

Message 11 of 12 (271 Views)
ACE - Master

Glad we could solve your problem!  Can you mark the question as "answered"?

Message 12 of 12 (271 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support