Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Metv

Metv

Will Directtv ever add the channel of Metv to it's line up? And also since that all local channels for Directtv are from 2-69. Then Metv should be one of those channels correct since it is affiliated with channel 12 and or channel 8-9 in Virginia.  

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Metv

That's not how it works. DirecTV has different locals in different cities, and the numbers change as you go from city to city. So channel 12 for you is not the same as channel 12 for me. Additionally, in general DirecTV does not carry the substations (the numbers with the dash) unless they are network channels like ABC. 

If you want the subchannel stations you have to get them over the air with an antenna. You can connect this directly to your TV. Or there is a device called a Local Channel Connector (LCC) which inegrates those channels with the DirecTV guide. The LCC is only available in a few cities (three I think at the moment) but hopefully will become generally available soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

Okay I understand that, but I was just gueessing by on how Direct tv and
it's stations work? I'm a new customer and not real sure on exactly on how
Directtv works? So don't come at me like you did on the posts? I was just
asking..
Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

How was that response "coming at you"?  You asked, @TexasBrit answered.  Might not be the answer you like, but that's how it works. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9

It was coming at me as if like I didn't know what I was talking about?
When I had plainly described on the type of tv I have which is a affinity.
Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by PhillipStone0
‎02-14-2019 2:03 AM

This has got absolutely nothing to do with the type of TV you have. In each geographic area (called DMAs) DirecTV delivers over satellite a small number of local stations. These are the only ones you will receive via satellite, and you select them using the DirecTV box..  In most DMAs there are many more stations being transmitted but DirecTV does not receive them. In general, the channels with a "dash" (called subchannels)are in the group of stations not received by DirecTV. In most cities, channels like MeTV are subchannels (typically with different channel number in each city). The only way to get these subchannels is to use the tuner in your TV with an appropriate OTA antenna, and switch the TV to its antenna input,nothing to do with DirecTV.

"Coming soon" is a device called the LCC which will connect to your OTA antenna and feed the stations to your DirecTV box, so they will appear in the channel list and allow you to watch them without switching the TV to "antenna".

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9

Do you happen to know when that the new LCC connection will be coming out in order to recieve the substations on At&t Direct tv? Or would it be availble to buy myself to add it to my tv and or router for the to receive the channel of Metv? 

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

No-one knows when it will become generally available. Right now it's only available in a couple of markets, plus a couple more where DirecTv has a dispute with one of the main network suppliers. "Not available" means what it says. Unless you have one of the test market zip codes, DirecTV won't sell you one and they are not available through any of the third party channels like solid signal. You will have to wait like the rest of us.

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

you can use an over the air antenna to pick up the locals, including metv, on your tvs tuner

if the tv does not have a tuner, you can also buy a tuner box

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support