Explore & discover

Helpful Links

MASN Channel on Sports Pack

Contributor

MASN Channel on Sports Pack

I subscribe to the Sports Pack which includes the MASN channels.  I subscribed only because I want to see the Nationals baseball games.  I was "blacked out" on Sunday because MLB EI had exclusive rights to the game (so I was told by a DirecTV support person).  Now I am trying to watch the game (Mon. Apr 9) and I am "blacked out" again.  To the best of my knowledge, no other channel has "exclusive rights."  Why can't I see the game?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: MASN Channel on Sports Pack

What's your zip code?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Mela_D
‎04-10-2018 6:41 AM

Re: MASN Channel on Sports Pack

The Sports Pack will not get you out of market games.

If you are in Choice and above (except the special Preferred Xtra) you get the Regional Sport Networks (RSN) and specific teams for your address: www.directv.com/rsn

If the team you want to watch is not listed then they are out of market and would be watched on the MLB Extra Innings. Since you were told MLB EI was the way to watch the game, if that info was correct, then you were trying to watch an out of market game. Thought the Sports Pack provides over 35 RSN and specialty sport networks, it does not provide you out of market professional games. The Sports pack is more for college sports, pre/post game for professional sports, or other events going on in the different regions.

However, unlike other professional sports, MLB has specific blackout rules for Saturday and Sunday. Fox has rights for afternoon games on Saturday. ESPN has rights for games Sunday night. Though I respect the in market/out of market rules, I am not a fan of these weekend rules.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support