Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Local channel connector

Highlighted
Contributor

Local channel connector

I just installed a LCC to my living room tv, is there a way for my son's cable box(older geni) to pick up the same local channels or do I need to install another LCC?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Local channel connector

@Coachhammer wrote:

I just installed a LCC to my living room tv, is there a way for my son's cable box(older geni) to pick up the same local channels or do I need to install another LCC?

What are your DirecTV box model numbers?

With the LCC connected to your Genie DVR, any remote Genie Mini Clients should see the same channels since they're "slaved" to the main Genie DVR. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Genie gen 2 - HR44-500

HD DVR - HR24-200

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎08-12-2019 4:03 PM

@Coachhammer wrote:

Genie gen 2 - HR44-500

HD DVR - HR24-200

So the HR24 is its own DVR with its own tuners and would require an AM21 to receive off-air stations using an antenna. It can only view the HR44's off-air channels if you record them first. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support