Helpful Links

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

Sure, is normal.  I guess you skipped the page where it says it takes 24 hours for this stuff to become available after you are connected to the net

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

Didn't see that...my IP address was wrong on receiver reading and tech

person told me it would work immediately. Guess they missed that page too.

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 8
Employee

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

No, right after you get connected, there is a congratulations page that says that it would take 24 hours for VOD to be available. 

just to make sure,

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

It does say connected. I'll wait patiently...thanks again.

Message 5 of 8
Employee

Awesome. 

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 8

Can I do that from my phone email?

Message 7 of 8
Employee

Not sure, you might have to do it on the forums itself.   Thanks

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support