Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Issues downloading Game of Thrones in HBO on Demand!

Highlighted
Contributor

Issues downloading Game of Thrones in HBO on Demand!

Dear Direct TV,

What the freck!  I have had issues with viewing Game of Thrones episodes after they have downloaded.  When I press play, I get error messages stating the there is some kind of broadcasting issue.  

It would be great if someone could figure this out since it has been going on for 2 days.

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Issues downloading Game of Thrones in HBO on Demand!

What model Genie DVR do you have?

What is the exact on-screen error message?

Do you have this issue with other OnDemand downloads?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 26
Tutor

I am having the same issue, but with Boardwalk Empire. I can watch it on HBO Go, but I do not wang to watch it on that venue.

The exact message I get on DirecTV is:

All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time. Please wait while we scan the recording for viewable content.

Message 3 of 26
Tutor

I just recently within the past month received a new reciever HR34-700.

Message 4 of 26
Teacher

if you search the forums for "searching for authorized content" you will see this issue has been going on since 2007 and the official response is "Huh, I don't know." This is right up there with the new improved satelites which won't drop the signal in a storm. I live in FL and have seen it go out with just cloud cover. Let's face it, AT&T/Directv only cares if you're buying a new service or paying your bloated bill. They sell services which are marginal at best. Netflix, stc is looking better all the time!

Message 5 of 26
Scholar

No, this issue has not been going on since 2007. It has happened before, but not for the past several years. The on demand content is provided by the channel provider, not by DirecTV, and HBO seems to have something screwed up in their on demand server. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Message 6 of 26
Contributor

I have the same issue, but just with Season 2 Episode 6, 8 and 10 so far.  The rest of the season I can view fine.  This isn't the "searching for authorized content" issue.  The message is different, as posted above.

Message 7 of 26
Teacher

just going by past posts. also, don't recall where Directv ever mentions I may have to contact the program providers for my On Demand to work. there's lots to like about the services offered but reliability of service is not one. Usually whenever i have a glitch like this, i chalk it up to the weather. even a hint of rain in my area causes issues. as a matter of fact, the installer had barely left my house when a storm blew in and knocked the signal out. just saying, lots of room for improvement.

Message 8 of 26
Contributor

My HR-34 has not worked with OnDemand programming for almost a year now and I have reported it to Directv.  Up until the last few days my other DVR has been able to access HBO and other OnDemand programming.  I now have the same issue as reported above.   Can download the program and then get the error message when trying to open/play the content.

Message 9 of 26
Contributor

Wonder why you can access their severs just fine via a Roku box, etc.?

Message 10 of 26
Expert

@TexasBrit1 my take on this is that this has to do from the switch over from the Binge-Athon back to normal.

Message 11 of 26
Teacher

hr44-700 and on demand seems to work for everything except HBO but i haven't tried them all

Message 12 of 26
Teacher

View profile
Jan 4, 2016 12:23:00 PM

Tutor

just going by past posts. also, don't recall where Directv ever mentions I may have to contact the program providers for my On Demand to work. there's lots to like about the services offered but reliability of service is not one. Usually whenever i have a glitch like this, i chalk it up to the weather. even a hint of rain in my area causes issues. as a matter of fact, the installer had barely left my house when a storm blew in and knocked the signal out. just saying, lots of room for improvement.

Message 13 of 26
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem.

Before the New Year (1/1/2016) my recorded HBO episodes showed an expiration of 1/1.  All of those disappear after 1/1.  Now when I record an episode from my computer, it shows expiration of 11/30.

Getting the Same Message from these new recordings or from searching the On Demand HBO Menu (Channel 1501).

"All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time. Please wait while we scan the recording for viewable content."

HBO Go works for me as well.  I reported problem on 1/2/2016 with a 31 minute tech support call. Also talk to a rep for 47 minutes last night(1/4/2016).   Not sure why technical support doesn't have a way to research known problems.

Anyone got a solution?

Message 14 of 26
Contributor

Same issue here. I think after the first of the year I started receiving "all or part of this ppv was not recorded; it was no longer available to purchase.". I receive that despite the fact I can see the shows in my recorded list. I am also unable to watch directly from on demand without recording. HR22-100. Has anyone heard anything? I'd like to see some urgency from ATT/DTV. Instead of: yeah, we heard that might be happening. Well get back to you, I.e. don't call us, again, we'll call you.
Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support