Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Issue on channel 108 PPV 4k HDR

Highlighted
Tutor

Issue on channel 108 PPV 4k HDR

I just got 4k installed a couple of days ago, everything works fine except channel 108 when I try to select it to order a movie I get this msg (see picture attached). My gear is genie 2, C61k wired to a Marantz receiver (SR8012) to TV Sony Z9D hdmi port 3 (arc). All my hdmi cables are premium capable of 4k@60 18gb 4:4:4 etc... my receiver is set to 4k enhanced signal and has HDR10, DV and HLG pass through, my TV is also set on enhanced signal for 4K and compatible with all mentioned. I can see channel 104 is selected as HDR on my TV. Any reason why I get that message on just ch 108 and how to fix this ?

https://imgur.com/a/RzytUo6

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Issue on channel 108 PPV 4k HDR

@cnmn14 wrote:

I just got 4k installed a couple of days ago, everything works fine except channel 108 when I try to select it to order a movie I get this msg (see picture attached). My gear is genie 2, C61k wired to a Marantz receiver (SR8012) to TV Sony Z9D hdmi port 3 (arc). All my hdmi cables are premium capable of 4k@60 18gb 4:4:4 etc... my receiver is set to 4k enhanced signal and has HDR10, DV and HLG pass through, my TV is also set on enhanced signal for 4K and compatible with all mentioned. I can see channel 104 is selected as HDR on my TV. Any reason why I get that message on just ch 108 and how to fix this ?

https://imgur.com/a/RzytUo6

What happens if you connect the C61K directly to your Sony 4K TV?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

Connect the C61K directly to the TV and see if that has any effect.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Tutor

same msg comes up if connected straight to TV.

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

I seem to recall other posts with similar issues with certain Sony 4K TVs. Try searching the forums. Also, check out the relevant Sony 4K TV thread at www.avsforum.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

will post there as well. thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Issue resolved. After new firmware on c61k I can now access channel 108 fine.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support