Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is BEIN SPORTS coming back to Directv?

Contributor

Message 1 of 27
Contributor

Re: Is BEIN SPORTS coming back to Directv?

Where the heck is BEIN sports channel? We pay a premium price for the channel in any directTv packages, it's not on the programming guide anymore and my package price has not been reduced as a consiquence.

Message 16 of 27
ACE - Expert

@CowboyErik wrote:

Where the heck is BEIN sports channel? We pay a premium price for the channel in any directTv packages, it's not on the programming guide anymore and my package price has not been reduced as a consiquence.

Read this entire thread, and several others in this forum about the situation with BeIN.  

Bottom line is that BeIN won't be coming back until they allow DirecTV to provide it again.  And DirecTV doesn't want to pay the money they're asking.  

Also, BeIN is NOT a "premium channel".  That's actually at the root of their dispute.  DirecTV would gladly treat them as a "premium channel" that folks could pay extra for. But BeIN wants to be a "package sports channel", like ESPN.  That would force DirecTV to raise overall rates.  

If BeIN is crucial for you, then it's time to explore alternate providers.  I don't think it's coming back to DirecTV anytime soon. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 27
Contributor

This whole thing with beIN sports is costing me big time!  My husband & I love MotoGp & World SBK, the only alternative is to stream the races.  It is costing a fortune to subscribe to Video Passes for both race formats & can't even watch extras or commentary because not enough WiFi.  This whole thing reeks!  Come on beIN & DirecTv, get this thing RESOLVED!

Message 18 of 27
ACE - Expert

Tell that to BeIN they are the ones refusing to provide a signal. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 27
Contributor

Is bein sport coming back to Directv 

Message 20 of 27
Contributor

Is bein sport coming  back Directv 

Message 21 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Selvin853 wrote:

Is bein sport coming  back Directv 

Given how long BeIN has withheld their signal from DirecTV, it doesn't look like BeIN will be back anytime soon.  If that's a show-stopper for you, then it's time to explore alternatives. 

Message 22 of 27
Contributor

Just got an email back from beIN Sports, they said negotiations with
DirecTv/AT & T are on going but no time frame for a solution. In other
words, don't hold your breath.
Message 23 of 27
Contributor

A lot of comments by AT&T or DirecTV people are basically blaming BEIN Sports for this. I'm not buying that at all. It takes two to tango. BEIN has a right to ask for what they believe is a fair price, and to be included in a fair package. DirecTV is saying no based on the "assumption" that its customers will not want to pay the additional price. It's a 2-way street, so STOP SIMPLY BLAMING BEIN SPORTS!!! You ARE just as much to blame for this, and right now, your customers think YOU'RE STUPID!!!

The only reason I paid for the additional sports package was FOR BEIN SPORTS!!! If you're not smart enough to realize that a lot of customers do the same then I'M OUT!!!

Message 24 of 27
ACE - Expert

@CanAm424 wrote:

A lot of comments by AT&T or DirecTV people are basically blaming BEIN Sports for this. I'm not buying that at all. It takes two to tango. BEIN has a right to ask for what they believe is a fair price, and to be included in a fair package. DirecTV is saying no based on the "assumption" that its customers will not want to pay the additional price. It's a 2-way street, so STOP SIMPLY BLAMING BEIN SPORTS!!! You ARE just as much to blame for this, and right now, your customers think YOU'RE STUPID!!!

The only reason I paid for the additional sports package was FOR BEIN SPORTS!!! If you're not smart enough to realize that a lot of customers do the same then I'M OUT!!!

True.  It takes two to tango.  BeIN started this situation, though, by demanding more money. DirecTV/AT&T is not willing to pay that much. 

This has dragged on for several months now with no end in sight.  If BeIN is important to you, then it's time to seek alternatives. 

Message 25 of 27
ACE - Expert

It is BeIn that removed their signal to DTV and only BeIn can return it,  DTV would rebroadcast and pay the old price it if they did return it while they talk.

Message 26 of 27
ACE - Expert

@CanAm424 wrote:

You guys just aren't very smart are you?

What a nice thing to say.  I think I'm rather smart, thank you. 🙂

Message 27 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support