Is BEIN SPORTS coming back to Directv?

Is BEIN SPORTS coming back to Directv?

Message 1 of 27
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-14-2018 5:42 PM

Re: Is BEIN SPORTS coming back to Directv?

Only BeIN knows if or when they will sign a new contract and return the feed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 27
ACE - Expert

@ZEKE2018 wrote:

GOOD NEWS, bein sports IS COMING BACK FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER:

I just chatting with one of their CSR (09/23/20118, at 1:05 pm eastern time) and she assure me that bein is coming back first week of October, negotiations are almost done, no extra fee or anything, so that's good news fellas!!!

I'll believe it when I see it.  CSRs often make up answers so they can move on to the next call, especially when there's no real answer available.  I've seen no announcements from DirecTV or BeIN about this.  And, if it was true, then there's no reason for BeIN to wait to turn the signal back on. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 27
Contributor

Wow! Its a battle of the ages! I tried searching for La Liga games and not even the spanish tv networks are broadcasting the games. We can't watch any La Liga games on DirecTV, WHAT THE MESS!

Message 4 of 27
Contributor

Yeah I have stopped a few programs now from direct tv and yesterday 25 October 2018 there was still no definite answer. I’m considering moving to Sling because they offer BEIN Sports 

Message 5 of 27
ACE - Expert

If BeIN would supply a feed DTV would rebroadcast it while they continue to talk but they will not. All providers have this problem at one time or another so good luck.

Message 6 of 27
Contributor

Is BeIN coming back or not?!?!?

Message 7 of 27
ACE - Expert

@EthanCris7 wrote:

Is BeIN coming back or not?!?!?

Nobody here knows when/if they're coming back.  Given how long BeIN is withholding their network, I suspect it won't be settled any time soon.  If that's a showstopper for you then you should explore other providers. 

Message 8 of 27
Contributor

I'll be exploring other options. This is too important a sports channel not to have in the line up.

ATT/DirectTV - get your act together or you will lose another customer.

Bill

Message 9 of 27
ACE - Expert

@beelyhol wrote:

I'll be exploring other options. This is too important a sports channel not to have in the line up.

ATT/DirectTV - get your act together or you will lose another customer.

Bill

Sorry but beIN is wanting more of a deal that would cost more to customers who don't watch it. Unless you are offering to pay the increase for everyone who doesn't want to pay more, or don't watch the channel at all, then you will need to seek other options to watch it.

Message 10 of 27
Highlighted
Contributor

Bein needs to be added ! 

Ive been promised for months that this would come into fruition.. La Liga is the most watched league in the world .. Sling (Dish) is taking a big chunk of your revenue with all their ala cart packages , 5 bucks a month for 8 different sports channels, Get it together or you will lose another costumer 

Message 11 of 27
ACE - Expert

DTV can't broadcast what they are not getting, BeIN removed their feed to DTV.

Message 12 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Stiven20 

Sorry but beIN no longer allows the feed to DirecTV. They can't force them to return. Most of these negotiations complete behind the scenes without the customer being aware, and a few only keep their feed hostage for a short time until a new agreement is hashed out. Unfortunately beIN Sports is one of the rare exceptions that has decided to pull their feed long term.

If you cannot live without the channel, then you will need to get a different option to watch it.

Message 13 of 27
Contributor

Thank you ,Shannon02 for providing such Wonderful customer service ! Sling I am coming back!

Message 14 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Stiven20 

Sorry but that was not customer service. We are customers like yourself. Even those who work for DirecTV or AT&T (who have "employee" next to their name), are posting on their own time and not as official representatives of the company, merely showing they have more direct knowledge is all.

Sorry you don't like it, but DirecTV cannot force beIN to stay. Shannon02 gave you correct information.

Message 15 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support